Recent problem at Riverside Gun Club in Hudson

Joe G

NES Member
Does anybody have more details?

Two men were arrested and another will be summoned in connection with a disturbance Saturday night at the Riverside Gun Club that required help from Stow and the Massachusetts State Police.

The club called police shortly before midnight Saturday to discourage people from taking their drinks outside, said Police Capt. David Stephens.

When police arrived at the 16 Wilkins St. club, officers saw people urinating in the parking lot and smashed beer bottles littering the ground, according to authorities. Police then ordered the function hall's deejay to announce the party was over.

"Then they started cranking the music even louder," said Stephens.
http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/news/x1252038938

The incident had nothing to do with firearms but yet they seem to point out it occured at a GUN CLUB.

That's why many of the clubs up this way will not rent to outsiders not affiliated with the club itself. It isn't worth the trouble.

I don't have any more information, but the shooters at Riverside are not the same people who frequent the bar. I hate even having to walk through it to get to the indoor range. That's why I seldom use it.

They have parties/wedding receptions and other stuff there all the time. It's unfortunate this one got out hand and caused the bad publicity. Jerks

I could never understand why a gun club would want a bar on the grounds. I suppose it is like the "19th Hole" at a golf course, but in this case it would be the "Sixth Stand."

Money? (Plus it fits in well with the "old boys' club" environment, which would actually be a better description of some so-called gun clubs.)

Ken

Believe it or not, bars at "fish & game" clubs are pretty common in my part of Ohio.

The club in my town even bans women from the bar/clubhouse for most of the week. I don't belong to that club, mostly because their range facilities suck ass.

The club I do belong to, one town north in the same county, does not have that stupid rule but still has a bar right off the trap lines. I have zero interest in attending any of their nasty, smoky bars. I simply belong there to have a place to practice smallbore prone and defensive handgun shooting.

Money? (Plus it fits in well with the "old boys' club" environment, which would actually be a better description of some so-called gun clubs.)
You've been to Riverside, I see.

Yup, $$$. We make some money out of the bar, so it helps keep us going. (I think that they'd make more by banning smoking so that the non-smokers could drink, too, but who listens to me?)

And yes, it's a seriously old boys club. So much so that I've been asked more than once in the last year or two if I'm a new member, and I should go sit in the back with the new members that we're voting on that night. [rolleyes]

And the club president did not see fit to mention this shenanigans at the meeting on Monday night, either!!! [rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom