Reloading videos for dillan 550/650

Hello everyone,

I along with a friend am planning on getting a Dillon to do reloading. The million dollar question is what machine the 550 or the 650. I am leaning toward the 650, but I am not sure yet. Since no one I know has one it would be great to see a few rounds loaded to see the difference in operation of each machine. If anyone has a 550 or a 650 it would be awsome if you could reload a couple rounds and post the vids. If anyone has one of each it would be even better. So get them cameras out and start making some home vids....of the reloading machines of course

Last edited:
You realize that Dillon sells the videos for their machines, don't you?

In fact, I have the 550 video (I had bought the wrong video), brand new and available for sale.

I am aware that they sell they videos. What I am looking for is a short 5 second vis clip to see how each machine differs in the reloading process. GTO I have read alot on different forums but it would be of great help to see them in action. I would buy the video if I was going to purchase the machine, but I am not looking for instructions just a couple of rounds being produced on each to visually see the different processes.

Last edited:
Brian Enos' website might give you what you want. Might be still shots or it might be videos, check it out (link by GTO above).

Big difference: 650 is a true progressive; the 550 is not. Both can be fitted with case feeders, but the 650 will also support a bullet feeder.

The 550 is much easier to change over. If you plan to do ONE caliber, the 650 is great. If you want to different calibers, especially if you'll need to change primer sizes, the 550 is probably the better choice.

The 650 is an awesome machine if you are only planning to load a couple of cals in bulk. I can crank out 6-700 rds an hour going slow. Some of the other nice features are it is automatic, has a case feeder that will do both pistol and rifle cases, has a fifth station for a powder check, and it is fast. Down side it is slower to change cals, more expensive, conversion kits are more expensive. If you plan on loading several thousand of one cal at a pop than I would spring for the 650. If you are only loaded several hundred than I would get a 550 and use the money saved for more components.

Back
Top Bottom