• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

12ga Reloading for hunting.

Anyone load their own shells for Waterfowl?

What loads are you putting together, and how are they performing compared to factory ammo?

Are you willing to share any load data?

I’ve been reloading metallic cartridges for at least fifteen years, so I completely understand the basics. Most likely going to be using a MEC 600 Jr for a press.

Ideally I’d like to get a case of Cheddite hulls, and use tungsten for the various size shot for duck and goose. Not looking to save money, but develop a loads for early and late season ducks/geese, and control the quality and consistency.

Thanks

What loads are you putting together, and how are they performing compared to factory ammo?

I’ve been reloading metallic cartridges for at least fifteen years, so I completely understand the basics. Most likely going to be using a MEC 600 Jr for a press.

Ideally I’d like to get a case of Cheddite hulls, and use tungsten for the various size shot for duck and goose. Not looking to save money, but develop a loads for early and late season ducks/geese, and control the quality and consistency.

Thanks
I’ve looked into it. Ballistic products is your friend for load data. I never got around to actually loading though because I hardly ever hunt waterfowl.

My son uses Ballistic Products. They probably have everything you'll ever need. I don't load birdshot anymore. I only make slug loads for a 12 ga AOW so I'm no help.

Thanks
Ballistic Products has all you need.
Im not sure of any real improvements you can make over factory “bird shot”
I reloaded shot shell to load what I wanted vs what I can buy.

Ballistic Products has a lot of stuff, and they seem to have the best, and most up to date manuals. But they don’t ship powder, primers, or primed hulls to MA.

I’m having a hell of a time finding Cheddite Hulls from someone who will ship.

Ballistic Products has a lot of stuff, and they seem to have the best, and most up to date manuals. But they don’t ship powder, primers, or primed hulls to MA.

Go dumpster diving at the gun club after skeet/trap/5 stand for hulls. Used Mec 600 is the way to go.

Ship it to the UPS Store in Salem NH. No account needed nor do you need to notify them. They’re supposed to charge a $5 fee per package but I was just there last month and they didn’t even charge me 😂
Just use their address for the ship to address. Make sure to put UPS Store in one of the address lines since there are multiple businesses within that same building complex.

Some companies who don't ship to Ma. won't ship to another state if the payment comes from Ma.
True. However it depends on your credit card and/or the vendor. I’ve run into that before and was able to use the UPS Store as the billing address as well so there were literally no connections with MA.
But it depends as some may not let you use the wrong billing address.

Most do allow it in my experience

Back
Top Bottom