Remington umc rebate

Found a deal at Cabela's that I could not pass up; 9mm 115gr fmj box of 50 on sale for $11.49 with a rebate of $2.50-bringing the total cost to $9.49 or .19 per bang-rebate limits apply from Remington no purchase restriction from the Store (and there was a lot in the MA store) at the $11.99 cost: I use it, I like it and I have my 1,000 rounds. Other calibers are available.

No amount of rebate could induce me to buy Remington/UMC ammo, especially in 9mm when there is ammo for 2cents more per round that is of much better quality.

No amount of rebate could induce me to buy Remington/UMC ammo, especially in 9mm when there is ammo for 2cents more per round that is of much better quality.
I used to buy cases of the stuff at Dicks back in 2008 back when it was $7 or $8 per box if one bought a case (plus I had coupons on top of that). I never had any problems, what did you experience?

I used to buy cases of the stuff at Dicks back in 2008 back when it was $7 or $8 per box if one bought a case (plus I had coupons on top of that). I never had any problems, what did you experience?

Its low pressure, under powered, the brass is soft and its dirty as the day is long. Not that I mind the dirty part. I tried two boxes of it loaded into 4 25rd Uzi mags and it caused a runaway condition on every mag. No other ammo has ever done that in my guns, not even starting load reloads..

For 2 cents more, I'd buy Magtech or any other brand but Remington. I've found that Remington ammo is under powered in most calibers including rifle ammo.

I tried two boxes of it loaded into 4 25rd Uzi mags and it caused a runaway condition on every mag.

So so by run away you mean instead of firing semi auto it fired full auto. Yeah, I can see where that would be a problem, one that would encourage some to buy truckloads of the stuff.

whatever you do,don't let the anti read that they will want to ban the ammo that makes all guns go full auto.

So so by run away you mean instead of firing semi auto it fired full auto. Yeah, I can see where that would be a problem, one that would encourage some to buy truckloads of the stuff.

whatever you do,don't let the anti read that they will want to ban the ammo that makes all guns go full auto.

My guns are open bolt firing NFA SMGs, not striker fired closed bolt semi autos, so the full auto part isn't the problem, its the surprise lack of control when you let off the trigger.

If I can buy superior ammo for .21rd I would be very grateful to anyone who can tell me where to purchase it, Remington UMC ammo IS saami spec-so I am told- how can the quality vary by such an extent to be so terrible in a few members opinions/experience? While I have not used an awful lot of it the amount of 9mm I have shot through revolvers and a Beretta CX4 Storm have presented no issues at all-point,squeeze-bang each and every time with or without the moonies in the LCR. Might the guns I am using the UMC in account for a non issue in all criterion?

some of the UMC loadings give a wild muzzle flash. i'm guessing they use some slower burning powders? their 10mm and 45acp rounds are an example. no other factory 10mm 180gr loadings exhibit such a muzzle flash. it is sort of fun but not practical.

in terms of function and reliability, i have never had an issue w any UMC rounds in all sorts of calibers. it's not my favorite range ammo though (generally that would be Am Eagle or Speer Lawman).

Back
Top Bottom