residency for ltca app

Greetings gents, I am planning to move from TN to attleboro. I was sent an instructional page on what to bring when applying for a ltca. On the part about proof of residency it says to bring two items for proof. In parenthesis it says residency is 8 months. How is a new resident supposed to keep handguns legally in this situation? I want to bring my pistols when I move but with this requirement it seems impossible to do so legally if one must be licensed in 60 days. Am I misreading the memo?

:)

What you need to bring to your appointuent: 1. Driver's License 2. Two proofs of residency (residency = 8 months sequentially in a calendar year) 3. Check or Money Order / Payable to "City of Affleboro"

Above is a cut and paste from the PDF memo. Will they let me apply if I haven't been there for 8 months?

You should consider moving to NORTH Attleboro. C-pher can fill in details, but reportedly they are pro-2A (lots of shooting trophies in PD lobby) and don't give you any BS.

MGL has no laws about residency wrt guns (they certainly do wrt cars/DLs). Get caught working in MA for 7 months with a Non-MA DL/Registered/Insured car and they will throw the book at you . . . so they don't buy the "8 consecutive months = MA resident"! Even more stupid is "8 months sequentially in a calendar year" . . . that would mean if you move into MA in June or July, you have to wait until the following August to apply!!! That would fly like a lead balloon and I know two attorneys that would love to deal with that!

I'd ignore the BS on their website and apply as soon as you get your MA DL. They give you any crap, get in touch with www.comm2A.org for advice on proceeding.

Good luck and my sympathy on moving to MA!

Thanks gents for the advice, I may try to get into North Attleborough if I can, a lot of it will depend on apartments and such, either way definitely a green town for me no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom