RI Proposing New AWB & Magazine Ban Legislation

I was looking at a 50BMG yesterday at Scheel's. That big beautiful black gun could be had for a mere $12,999. They even had the ammo in stock. I was not in RI 😀

That Christensen ar in a 6.5 creedmor with carbon wrapped barrel and 30 round mag packaged with a Leopold vx5 cds did not suck neither.
Meh.
Holding out for .88 Magnum.
They can shoot across Rhode Island.

Getting this thread back on track:

I can find H6614, the house version. Is there a Senate version that gets voted on or is it H6614 that gets voted on in the senate?

Getting this thread back on track:

I can find H6614, the house version. Is there a Senate version that gets voted on or is it H6614 that gets voted on in the senate?

Senate Bill No. 2653
BY Coyne, Goodwin, Miller, DiPalma, Felag, Quezada, Seveney, Euer, Lawson, DiMario
ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSES -- LARGE CAPACITY FEEDING DEVICE BAN OF 2022 {LC5424/1} (Makes it a felony for an individual to possess any semi-automatic firearm magazine which is capable of holding more than ten (10) rounds of ammunition. Violations are punishable by up to 5 years imprisonment or a fine of up to $5,000.)

Frank

What's worse, MA or RI? In MA, the second amendment only goes up to ten ever since 1994 but at least most towns the chief allows you to carry your guns. In RI, you get to have whatever gun and however 'high cap' mags as you want but is it still nearly impossible to get a state carry permit?

What's worse, MA or RI? In MA, the second amendment only goes up to ten ever since 1994 but at least most towns the chief allows you to carry your guns. In RI, you get to have whatever gun and however 'high cap' mags as you want but is it still nearly impossible to get a state carry permit?
A permit from the AG, yes. The AG's in RI get more and more progressive everytime. The town permits are like Mass, some towns are better than others. If this mag bill passes it would definitely be worse than Mass's because in Mass you still have access to pre-bans and RI will charge you with a felony if you are caught with a mag over 10. Lawmakers in RI are scumbags who hate their constituents and obviously want them all in jail if they can help it

A permit from the AG, yes. The AG's in RI get more and more progressive everytime. The town permits are like Mass, some towns are better than others. If this mag bill passes it would definitely be worse than Mass's because in Mass you still have access to pre-bans and RI will charge you with a felony if you are caught with a mag over 10. Lawmakers in RI are scumbags who hate their constituents and obviously want them all in jail if they can help it
They could pull a Connecticuck move and make people 'register' them by a certain amnesty date. If you don't you're a felon. Whoops, paperwork received unusually low? CT prob has a quarter million or more gun felons since the sandy hook AR and mag registration deadline passed roaming free on the streets at the moment lol.

More of this will fix everything according to these dumb fks..
200.gif

You're paper shuffling with new fancy words written on it does NOT over rule the Bill of Rights in this Country so you can whipe you're asses with said paper..

They could pull a Connecticuck move and make people 'register' them by a certain amnesty date. If you don't you're a felon. Whoops, paperwork received unusually low? CT prob has a quarter million or more gun felons since the sandy hook AR and mag registration deadline passed roaming free on the streets at the moment lol.
And not a single one of them is a criminal and probably someone that anyone would want for a neighbor but according to the state, they all belong in jail.

Last edited:

Nope, that was proposed and shot down, as was a proposal to allow just concealed carry permit holders to have them, along with a couple of other creative tweaks. In the end, it's an outright ban, with no grandfathering.

Frank

Nope, that was proposed and shot down, as was a proposal to allow just concealed carry permit holders to have them, along with a couple of other creative tweaks. In the end, it's an outright ban, with no grandfathering.

Frank
I heard that crybaby AG Neronha was whining, "How is law enforcement supposed to tell the difference". So let's crap all over RI constitutional rights to make your job less complicated, that sounds like par for the course of where we are at in society now.

There's something in the RI constitution or a law that says there shall be no law requiring firearms be registered. I would assume requiring magazines be registered amounts to firearm registration as obviously no one is going to have just magazines with no guns.

There's something in the RI constitution or a law that says there shall be no law requiring firearms be registered. I would assume requiring magazines be registered amounts to firearm registration as obviously no one is going to have just magazines with no guns.

If true, someone needs to tell that to the lawmakers in this state, since they had every intention of doing just that when the AWB was still on the table (and I'm sure we haven't seen the last of these bills):

Senate Bill No. 2224
BY Miller, Coyne, Goodwin, Gallo, Euer, Quezada, Cano, Kallman, Felag, Sosnowski
ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSES -- ASSAULT WEAPONS (Bans the possession, sale, and transfer of assault weapons. Possession of assault weapons owned on the effective date of this act would be "grandfathered" subject to certain registration provisions.)

House Bill No. 6615
(Attorney General/General Treasurer/Governor/Secretary of State/Lieutenant Governor)
BY Caldwell, Knight, Blazejewski, Kazarian, Craven, McNamara, Batista, Williams, Amore, Giraldo
ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSES -- ASSAULT WEAPONS (Same as 21H-5556 --Bans the possession, sale, and transfer of assault weapons. Possession of assault weapons owned on the effective date of this act would be "grandfathered" subject to certain registration provisions.)

Frank

If true, someone needs to tell that to the lawmakers in this state, since they had every intention of doing just that when the AWB was still on the table (and I'm sure we haven't seen the last of these bills):

Senate Bill No. 2224
BY Miller, Coyne, Goodwin, Gallo, Euer, Quezada, Cano, Kallman, Felag, Sosnowski
ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSES -- ASSAULT WEAPONS (Bans the possession, sale, and transfer of assault weapons. Possession of assault weapons owned on the effective date of this act would be "grandfathered" subject to certain registration provisions.)

House Bill No. 6615
(Attorney General/General Treasurer/Governor/Secretary of State/Lieutenant Governor)
BY Caldwell, Knight, Blazejewski, Kazarian, Craven, McNamara, Batista, Williams, Amore, Giraldo
ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSES -- ASSAULT WEAPONS (Same as 21H-5556 --Bans the possession, sale, and transfer of assault weapons. Possession of assault weapons owned on the effective date of this act would be "grandfathered" subject to certain registration provisions.)

Frank
No, seeing how the anti's have tied any gun legislation into budget bills has me believing we will be seeing this every year before the legislature adjurns for the session.

Quite frankly, considering the overwhelming support for this bill in the House, I'm shocked that it was shot down in the Senate.

Frank

RI definitely still surprises here and there. I thought it was a done deal but I guess there are some lawmakers that actually listen to their constituents and not Bloomturd

My problem with the mag ban is they are including handguns. I believe the AR-15 originally had a 20 round mag. They should go back to that if they want, leave the handguns alone!!

Just got more info from the news. Apparently, the House bill on magazines is still alive, and will apparently be going for a vote with the full Senate later tonight. Let's hope that it gets shot down there, as well. So it doesn't sound like it's a done deal yet.

Frank

Just got more info from the news. Apparently, the House bill on magazines is still alive, and will apparently be going for a vote with the full Senate later tonight. Let's hope that it gets shot down there, as well. So it doesn't sound like it's a done deal yet.

Frank
????? I thought the Senate Bill WAS the sister bill of the House bill!?! That doesn't make sense. The House and the Senate have to pass mirror bills. The House passed theirs and the Senate didn't pass theirs. How do they get to just jump the Senate committee and pass it to the full Senate vote?

????? I thought the Senate Bill WAS the sister bill of the House bill!?! That doesn't make sense. The House and the Senate have to pass mirror bills. The House passed theirs and the Senate didn't pass theirs. How do they get to just jump the Senate committee and pass it to the full Senate vote?
Some sort of trickery, but anything that goes to the full senate that is anti gun will be passed. That's why it was important to kill it in comittee.

My problem with the mag ban is they are including handguns. I believe the AR-15 originally had a 20 round mag. They should go back to that if they want, leave the handguns alone!!
So it's OK by you to ban magazines that other people want???????????????????? Did I get that right?????????????????

Sucks for the RI folks.

The more they want to call you a felon, just enjoy being a felon. Big boy rules and all that.

Back
Top Bottom