• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ridgeline 2024

Took this course with Ridgeline 2 weeks ago and I'm still smiling. Hoping to sign up for Recce next November (it was the only one not sold out!) Your weather in July should be much nicer since we saw 70 and sunny and 35 and snowing

I'm taking the Nov class with a couple friends, though we did consider the July one. We ultimately chose to freeze in the cold over baking in the sun. If there are any other NES'rs on the fence then consider this your sign. It's a good time, the instructors are chill and the training is worth it's weight in gold.

I'm taking the Nov class with a couple friends, though we did consider the July one. We ultimately chose to freeze in the cold over baking in the sun. If there are any other NES'rs on the fence then consider this your sign. It's a good time, the instructors are chill and the training is worth it's weight in gold.

Honestly weather played no factor for me, I just didn’t want to wait until November. July is already a long wait.

I much prefer the April/Nov classes, I still end up sunburnt. Ill be there this weekend too

Honestly weather played no factor for me, I just didn’t want to wait until November. July is already a long wait.
I much prefer the April/Nov classes, I still end up sunburnt. Ill be there this weekend too
Yup, I would have taken the Apr class if I could. What are you guys running for the class? Rifle, optics, gear?

Yup, I would have taken the Apr class if I could. What are you guys running for the class? Rifle, optics, gear?
Used my 14.5 w/ a brake and viper pst2 1-6, sling. I didnt use a bipod last time, ill bring one this time

I was debating taking my mcx this year instead too, but id have to do a quick zero this week though.

Then my belt could hold 2 mags, + another in a pocket or dump sack. I have a chest rig but havent used it there yet.

I can add some pics when i get home

Probably run my super duty, possibly with can but might be too wieldy for that. Might run my sbr with a 10.5” upper and can instead though. Also might just build another sbr by then, who knows.

Optic I’m thinking lpvo with offset rmr, but might do mro with a magnifier.

Decisions decisions!

Used my 14.5 w/ a brake and viper pst2 1-6, sling. I didnt use a bipod last time, ill bring one this time

I was debating taking my mcx this year instead too, but id have to do a quick zero this week though.

Then my belt could hold 2 mags, + another in a pocket or dump sack. I have a chest rig but havent used it there yet.

I can add some pics when i get home
Yeah man let's see that bad boy. Half the fun is setting up your gear for the class. I'll post my gear when in a bit. I'm thinking of taking a chest rig. When I took the precision shooting class I had crap everywhere and it felt a bit unorganized. I think it'd be nice to have most of my necessities on my person.

I'm taking a LPVO as well. Do you recommend a bipod for the class? The description sounded like most engagements are 100 and in while testing holds out to 300 yards.

Yeah man let's see that bad boy. Half the fun is setting up your gear for the class. I'll post my gear when in a bit. I'm thinking of taking a chest rig. When I took the precision shooting class I had crap everywhere and it felt a bit unorganized. I think it'd be nice to have most of my necessities on my person.

I'm taking a LPVO as well. Do you recommend a bipod for the class? The description sounded like most engagements are 100 and in while testing holds out to 300 yards.
Im gonna have it in my bag and decide when I get there. There were a few times I wish I had had it though.

I wrote this up quick after the last one to remind myself too Recce Carbine 4/2-4/3

Probably run my super duty, possibly with can but might be too wieldy for that. Might run my sbr with a 10.5” upper and can instead though. Also might just build another sbr by then, who knows.

Optic I’m thinking lpvo with offset rmr, but might do mro with a magnifier.

Decisions decisions!
You gotta run the suppressor and flex on us Ma**h***s.

Ran my p/w 14.5 with XPS2 and 3x magnifier. Honestly, I think you get might build more confidence in your rig running a mag instead of an LVPO, but as those guys will say to you, "train with what you've got." Built a battle belt for this, and now I love training in it. 2x rifle mags, 2x pistol mags, dump pouch, IFAK, drop holster. Building that out and setting it up was half the fun of getting ready for the class

20231107_202155.jpg

Ran my p/w 14.5 with XPS2 and 3x magnifier. Honestly, I think you get might build more confidence in your rig running a mag instead of an LVPO, but as those guys will say to you, "train with what you've got." Built a battle belt for this, and now I love training in it. 2x rifle mags, 2x pistol mags, dump pouch, IFAK, drop holster. Building that out and setting it up was half the fun of getting ready for the class

Someone else put up a review of combative carbine and they used a dot which is kind of leaning me towards dot with a magnifier for this course on my sbr (assuming the pistol brace ban isn’t overturned by then and that they would allow one to run a carbine with a pistol brace).

Then I’d rather use a rig with LPVO for scoped carbine to learn push farther distances.

I'm guessing you were the 12th guy missing from our class then 🤣
I was very conflicted about it, lol
But my wife would not have survived the weekend without me, we’re still working on getting the newbie settled into a rhythm. I know I made the right choice because I’m still disappointed he arrived early 😆

Attachments

• IMG_8853.jpeg
    IMG_8853.jpeg
    1,019.5 KB · Views: 11
I was very conflicted about it, lol
But my wife would not have survived the weekend without me, we’re still working on getting the newbie settled into a rhythm. I know I made the right choice because I’m still disappointed he arrived early 😆

Hey man, my first is due the end of this month, I completely get it. Good luck with the kid (and the class, but that part is easy!)

Sick see you there! You’ll easily recognize me as an NES’r as I’ll be the other guy out there that can’t hit anything.
Haha can’t wait. The friend I am going with is a very good shooter. If I can shoot half as well as him, I’ll be content. Coincidentally, he’s not an NES’r Lol

Haha can’t wait. The friend I am going with is a very good shooter. If I can shoot half as well as him, I’ll be content. Coincidentally, he’s not an NES’r Lol

Nice I got a buddy comin with me as well, he’s about as good a shot as I am so this should be interesting 😂

Back
Top Bottom