Rifle match , or IDPA match

What to do? I need the practice on the IDPA, for an upcoming MA State championship.
But, there is an 80 round across the coarse, that I have a chance to win a trophy in my division.
Suggestions please. I am reloading my rifle ammo in casese I go to Reading.

A pistol is just a tool that you use to get to a rifle.

I would do the match you have a chance of getting a trophy. Any trigger time is good

I don't think there are any trophies at the MA Memorial. It's more of a fundraiser match I think.

I don't think there are any trophies at the MA Memorial. It's more of a fundraiser match I think.

AWARDS: No cash awards will not be given.
One award for each 5 shooters in each combined class. Classes with less than 55
competitors will be combined with the next higher class. If less than five competitors
in the combined High Masters class, they will shoot for open awards only.

AWARDS: No cash awards will not be given.
One award for each 5 shooters in each combined class. Classes with less than 55
competitors will be combined with the next higher class. If less than five competitors
in the combined High Masters class, they will shoot for open awards only.

Awards are not trophies. If you win, you get a warm handshake and the respect of your fellow competitors, as it should be. Trophies (if there are any, which is rare) are typically only for the over-all winner. This ain't T-Ball.

Unfortunately I'll have to miss this one due to family commitments, but I'll be at the 3X600 in Nashua on Sunday. Say hi to the guys for me.

Awards are not trophies. If you win, you get a warm handshake and the respect of your fellow competitors, as it should be. Trophies (if there are any, which is rare) are typically only for the over-all winner. This ain't T-Ball.

Unfortunately I'll have to miss this one due to family commitments, but I'll be at the 3X600 in Nashua on Sunday. Say hi to the guys for me.

Hand shakes are nice. I would like another ribbon on my wall some day.
I'm golfing Sunday afternoon. I might shoot Nashua until noon - 1 and hope we are finished by then.
I have to redeem myself on the golf course,after my last outing [thinking]

Hand shakes are nice. I would like another ribbon on my wall some day.
I'm golfing Sunday afternoon. I might shoot Nashua until noon - 1 and hope we are finished by then.
I have to redeem myself on the golf course,after my last outing [thinking]

Choose your highest priority. If it's golf, put on the plaid pants and go to what should be a shooting range. If it's IDPA, then get your vest and play. If it's Highpower, get your shooting coat and shoot.
Do you need to be told what to do with everything in your life?[rofl]

really someone has to come up with a golf/shooting range
Think'n there should be shotgun stations near the green to take out aproach shots....or plink your ball of the fairway. I like both but golf is getting astupid slow. A short course near me was a under 3 hour 18 hole course no carts 20 years ago. NOW everyone over the age of 16 takes a cart and on weekends your lucky to get out and in under 5 hours. sorry for the 5 to six hours it takes around my area to play golf I would rather stand at the range with guns.

Well, I come from the days long before IDPA when IPSC was still "practical" and not practice for the big money matches. It was the reason that the Southwest Pistol League (originally the SW Combat Pistol League) split in 1982. The practical people went one way, the others their way. I went with the practical people since it was far more of a challenge. To this day, I'm still trying to find a copy of the old SWPL course book since it had a lot of the courses of fire. I have shot IDPA, but in a large way, it's a shell of what IPSC used to be. Ah well, sorry, none of this is really any help. I know of IDPA matches in Southern California... but that won't help either. I can put you in touch of some people heavily involved if you'd like. I have no idea if they know of any matches on the east coast.

But, if you need rifle reloading help, that I can do easily. At this time I'm setting up for ammo testing in 7.62x51 since I've been a Hi Power, Service Rifle and Palma shooter since 1976. There's a LOT involved in what I'm about to get into considering I'll also be working with Sierra on their 155 and 175 grain MKs since I don't really care for the 168s. I tried them when the original M14 NM barrels were the only option for a NM 14 type and the bore was slightly oversized, I slugged every original 14 NM barrel I got and at any given time there were 12 in the closet. But that was when M14 parts were still plentiful. Best thing I've found in the past year was some unopened M118.... lot #60-12.. a very good lot. I can tell you who was in charge of it, which is why it was so good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom