Road Rage Yogurt vs Pistol

Virginia State Police are investigating a case of road rage involving two drivers -- one armed with a gun and one with armed with a carton of yogurt.

A Toyota Rav4 cut off a Lexus on Interstate 95 in Quantico Friday afternoon, said police spokesman Sgt. F.L. Tyler. After that, the driver of the Lexus started to tailgate the Toyota, and the Toyota driver responded by tapping on his brakes.

At some point, the driver of the Lexus pulled up and threw a container of yogurt at the Toyota. That’s when the driver of the Toyota displayed a small caliber handgun.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local-beat/Road-Rage-Yogurt-vs-Handgun-106917938.html?dr

The guy that threw the yogurt is being charged with a felony, the guy that brandished the pistol a misdemeanor. I wasn't expecting that. [shocked]

In MA the guy with the gun would have been carted off to jail and then had his life destroyed trying to defend the charges. (See also, Linda Hamilton).

-Mike

At some point, the driver of the Lexus pulled up and threw a container of yogurt at the Toyota. That’s when the driver of the Toyota displayed a small caliber handgun.

^fail^ [laugh]

Obvious solution is to outlaw "high capacity" yogurt containers that have over 4oz of yogurt. Nobody needs 6oz of yogurt.

Exactly we have no problem with yogurt carriers ,we just need "reasonable" yogurt rules in place to keep it from falling into the wrong hands.

All joking aside, if you charge the yogurt thrower with assault and battery, you are accepting that he put the brandisher at risk - so why is the brandisher charged?

Of course in MA he'd get life, but that's another matter...

All joking aside, if you charge the yogurt thrower with assault and battery, you are accepting that he put the brandisher at risk - so why is the brandisher charged?

Of course in MA he'd get life, but that's another matter...

Falls under the 'charge everyone' theory of law enforcement.

Ok, this whole thing is really absurd! I can understand the guy that got hit with the "assault yogurt" being pissed, but to pull his sidearm over that?[rolleyes] I could see something like that escalating into punch fest, but there is no way, I would risk my LTC over something that stupid - what an idiot.[laugh]

Ok, this whole thing is really absurd! I can understand the guy that got hit with the "assault yogurt" being pissed, but to pull his sidearm over that?[rolleyes] I could see something like that escalating into punch fest, but there is no way, I would risk my LTC over something that stupid - what an idiot.[laugh]

playing devils advocate here:

a thrown object can take out an eye, cause a closed head injury ect... those corners on the six-packs of yogurn are mighty shart. i don't care if it's a single box of tic tacs... what about hot coffee???

yea! If someone assaults you by throwing yogurt at you there is always the possibility you will drive yourself off the road... laughing. [rolleyes]

yea! If someone assaults you by throwing yogurt at you there is always the possibility you will drive yourself off the road... laughing. [rolleyes]

so if a stranger you don't know is holding a box, you have no idea whether it's loaded with nails or cheesy poof's, your just gonna stand there? [devil2]

a. What wolf said - when you are on the receiving end, you don't know what is being thrown at you.
b. Assault and Battery does not require the "weapon" being deadly - that would be assault with a deadly weapon. Though I am sure yogurt would strain any jury, people have been charged with A&B with shoes, boxes, and assorted food plenty of times before.
c. Yes, obscuring vision/control is a very real risk here laugh all you want until someone does this to you - you won't be laughing... You will be furious.

so if a stranger you don't know is holding a box, you have no idea whether it's loaded with nails or cheesy poof's, your just gonna stand there? [devil2]
He's going to wait until MA DPS certifies that it could have harmed him and then... It's go time... that's right, to the lawyer and sue...[laugh]

Back
Top Bottom