RRA national Match front sight tool problem

mac1911

NES Member
Ok im haveing a hell of a time. All 3 of my front sight tools do nat fit my RRA nation match front sight. It hits the ears and will not go forward enough to let the pin go over the detent pin ? Any ideas short term as I wait for monday to call RRA. Been useing the bullet tip but thats getting old.

Are you using the combo A1/A2 tool? Those seem to fit really tight.

Maybe this is a silly question, but why are you moving your front sight a lot? It should be like a Ron Popeil Rotisserie, "Set it & Forget it".

When I change a barrel, I do the initial zeroing with the front sight, so that I have about 1.5 ~ 2.5 minutes elevation (on the rear sight) below my 200 yard zero. Once that is done, there is no real need to move the front.

What kind of rifle, A2 or A4?

B

Well at first I didnt know that it was a tappered and slanted front sight....I cant really see it. I though it was just a .050 front post.
1. reason I was playing with the front sight is when shooting 100 yards I could have used another MOA or 2 down on the rear sight. Maybe I was thinking this wrong but if I moved the rear sight up 2 MOA then raise the front sight that would give me a some adjustment in the rear. I should have just bought another 1k rounds of my match bullets and practiced with what I have on hand....
2. I was playing with different loads and finally settled on a practice load. When I decided to move the front sight to fix the rear sight from bottoming out thats when things got to be a problem.
any how I went to reset my sights as described here on nes Thats when I had a lot of issues with the tool. I used a boolit the first time out.
I have a key ring A2 style 4 prong, tapco long version and one that looks like a screwdriver. From what I can tell the area that is recessed on the ears is not a large enough radius to let the tool sit forward enough to easily engage the detent....

rifle is A2 I have only access to 50 and or 100 yards at the moment. i did my first 0 at 50 yards with my 69grain match bullet loads, went to a cmp clinic fun shoot and my rear sight bottomed out but was just enough to get me shooting(417/500 reduced yardage) When I went with the 55 grain loads I needed even more -elevation so back to the zeroing at 50 yards, then things went wacky as I adjusted the front sight a few clicks and out of no where my windage went to the left(I assume after buying a better magnify glass) I can see if the front post is not in the right posistion it will be off to the left or right by the way it is ground down.
ohh the fun. How simple things can drive you nuts.

The easiest tool IMHO is a pencil with a good eraser. Jam the eraser end over the FSP, hold down the detent with something, and then turn the pencil in the appropriate direction.

Back
Top Bottom