russian ammo

I had not even thought about that. But now that I put it in perspective that does make me wonder about the availability of some of my favorite cheap ammo for certain guns. Primarily 7.62x39.

anyone stocking up on whats left of the russian stuff before god knows what happens with the conflict over there and our involvement?

if your referring to the conflict in georgia then you may be over estimating the issue.

its a known fact that the "war on terror" is the massive drain on our lovely Russian surplus, wether its 7.62x39, 7.62.54R or 5.45x39.
5.45x39 (AK74) and 7.62x54R (PKM, SVD) taking a lighter beating then the AK47's 7.62x39 surplus market.

maybe when iraq in afghanistan calm down the prices will return to normal, not that i was around when the prices were considered low.

I remember about 3 years ago at either a Marlboro or Wilmington show I was standing by a table with a case of Wolf 7.62x39 at my feet and an old timer started telling me about an ammo shortage coming due to the US buying it all up to send to Iraq.

Prices then for 1,000 rounds of 7.62x39, be it Golden Tiger or Wolf, were no higher that $99. Sure enough, after about 6 months all 7.62x39 dried up and people were paying $150 for a case when they could get it which we thought was high. Now at $199 for a case, its everywhere including new types like Barnaul, Romanian Hot Shot, and even Yugoslavian corrosive surplus has shown up again.

I don't think it'll dry up like it did before, but you can bet the price will probably go up more.

Unfortunately the manufacturers, distributors, and retailers will be likely to latch on to an issue like that and use it as justification for raising prices higher than they already are.

Unfortunately the manufacturers, distributors, and retailers will be likely to latch on to an issue like that and use it as justification for raising prices higher than they already are.

There are more than happy and proud to display a framed copy of the announcement from ATK raising ammo prices.

One dealer actually raised the prices of Wolf because ATK was raising prices[thinking]

+1
Sounds familiar. Does "oil speculation" ring a bell?

Back
Top Bottom