Russian troops to receive cutting-edge small arms The new weapons will include “the best machine pistol in the world,” arms manufacturer Kalashnikov

Russian 9x19 armor piercing round:

Russian military overpressure variantsEdit

The Russian military has developed specialized 9×19mm cartridges that use relatively light bullets at high muzzle velocities for both pistols and submachine guns to defeat body armor.[36]

Besides enhanced penetration capabilities, these overpressure variants offer a flatter trajectory and lessened recoil. The increase in service pressure causes a rise in bolt thrust, so the use of this overpressure ammunition induces more stress on critical weapon parts during firing. After initial research, conducted since the late 1980s under the codename "Grach", the Russian armed forces adopted two specialized 9×19mm variants.[37]

Other variantsEdit

VBR-B produces specialized bullets for this cartridge, a two-part controlled fragmenting projectile and an armor-piercing bullet that features a brass sabot and a hardened steel penetrator. These are designed to increase the content of the permanent wound cavity and double the chance to hit a vital organ.[42]

We almost certainly can't take the RT numbers at face value
Russian produced 7n21 and 7n31 is extremely hot 9x19.

As for where to get this, the Kalashnikov USA KR-9 or KP-9 is a very faithful clone of the previous version, the PP-19 Vityaz. I’m sure you could trick it out with that stock and handguard and get pretty close. Of course, it’s semi auto and with typical factory 9x19 you won’t get the same muzzle velocity. It’s a blowback gun and supposedly built to the same specs so if you reloaded similar ammo you would probably get the same performance.

As to why you’d want this in a war zone: you wouldn’t. It was designed for Russian police/SWAT.

Let's sit back and soak up the magic of this thread...

-Post is made by notorious conspiracy theory member
-Post is from RT, a notorious shit tier propaganda machine from Russia
-The gun is probably ~30+ years old when compared to peers
-The gun has next to zero role in modern combat units outside of drivers, tank crews, shit like that.
-OP wants one. [rofl]
-Russia might get it to 10% of troops in the next 50 years.... 🤣

Leave it to the Russians to bring a f***ing 9x19 subgun to a theatre where everyone is wearing body armor.

In fantasy land, sure, 9x19 will penetrate what soldiers wear reliably. In reality... well....
These might be good for urban warfare/room clearing, but I’d rather have an AK in that situation.

In close quarters size makes things easier, but you can do it fine with a full sized rifle also. Not sure I’d want a 9mm sub gun on an open battlefield.

This item will have exactly zero effect on the fighting. Except that the Ukrainian civilians will have a nice concealable weapon to use for organized crime once this is over

These might be good for urban warfare/room clearing, but I’d rather have an AK in that situation.

In close quarters size makes things easier, but you can do it fine with a full sized rifle also. Not sure I’d want a 9mm sub gun on an open battlefield.

This item will have exactly zero effect on the fighting. Except that the Ukrainian civilians will have a nice concealable weapon to use for organized crime once this is over
No they wont... itll never see the field in any statistically significant numbers just like the last half dozen RU jerkoff guns like the AN94 etc.

Isn't the Ak74u the krink thing? Id rather that over a 9mm there. Ammo and mags are all over already. The Russians are weird.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom