S&W CS9 vs Glock G26

pj150

NES Member
Does anyone have both? I'd like to know in words or if you have a picture that would help me with some questions, that would be great->

1) Which one is smaller? Thicker grip?
2) Is one snappier than the other? ie followup shots..
3) Weight. I would think the Glock is lighter.
4) is the thumb safety cumbersome with medium sized hands?
5) overall impression

Thank you.

For dimensions, go to the respective mfrs' websites and check them out. They usually give dimensions and weight.

I'll leave the rest to someone with experience with both, as I've shot neither.

I had a CS45 (a bit larger than the CS9, but very similar). I found it chunky,
a bit too thick in the grip, but very controllable with stout ammo. Decent carry
holster selection s*cked! It concealed *very* well for a 45.

F

The CS 9 is a different frame from the CS 45; the CS 9 is the SMALLEST auto pistol S&W makes. It is probably heavier than an UNloaded Glock, but I doubt that it's any thicker (1.18" IIRC) and certainly no chunkier.

The S&Ws have nice rubber grips that both absorb recoil and keep the little gun securely in your hands. I was impressed with the accuracy as well.

Thanks for the info. I had never compared the CS45 and the CS9 side by side. They have the same profile, but apparently very different dimensions.

I originally wanted the CS 40, as I have .40s, like the caliber and thought they were the same frame. WRONG! [shocked]

The CS 9 is smaller and - to my shock - S&W dropped the .40! That made it a real easy choice - especially as Ted had it in stock. [wink]

I can't speak to the size comparison, but as far as which feels better to me it's the G26 by far. It sits in my hand much better than the S&W.

Of course, your mileage may vary so you should at least handle both to see which fits you better.

Back
Top Bottom