SBRing an imported rifle - who is the "Manufacturer" on Form-1?

MadRussian

Army Veteran
I'm SBRing a rifle that was imported. Who do I put down as the "manufacturer" on the form, the maker or the importer that brought in into the states. The rifle has two serial numbers, original and importer assigned, which should I use?

i actually wondering about it myself. Izhmash-built saiga, imported by TGI (one serial number) i want to SBR it in near future and this brings up relevant question.

Reply from ATF "expert" though the e-forms portal:
"The foreign manufacturer and country of manufacture and the original factory assigned serial number."

My original question:
"I'm looking to SBR a Russian Izhmash Factory made Mosin-Nagant M1944 rifle imported by Century Arms Inc, Georgia VT. The rifle has two serial numbers, factory original and importer assigned. Which manufacturer name and serial number should go into the Form-1?"

Yep, when I SBR'd my GSG I listed GSG as the manufacturer. I put the importer info (ATI) in the "other markings" box and got the formed kicked back with a note asking me to remove that. I crossed it out and initialed it, sent it back, and was approved.

Reply from ATF "expert" though the e-forms portal:
"The foreign manufacturer and country of manufacture and the original factory assigned serial number."

My original question:
"I'm looking to SBR a Russian Izhmash Factory made Mosin-Nagant M1944 rifle imported by Century Arms Inc, Georgia VT. The rifle has two serial numbers, factory original and importer assigned. Which manufacturer name and serial number should go into the Form-1?"

That's odd. For all other ATF purposes, the importer SN is used -- they started adding them because ATF required them.

Back
Top Bottom