• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

School me on binary triggers.

Twigg

NES Member
This is for blasting at the range. Think "poor man's"machine gun. Because real mg's are too expensive. Any constructive advice welcomed. Discuss.

This is for blasting at the range. Think "poor man's"machine gun. Because real mg's are too expensive. Any constructive advice welcomed. Discuss.
i also totally do not like the idea of shooting on release.
you can put a 1.5lb trigger into an AR and then it is like playing a piano, it will shoot as fast as you can pull a finger.

The thought of firing on the release just gives me the creeps - and I live where everything is illegal.
Imagine getting a squib. You know it, but you can't release the trigger. Although you will most likely release the trigger after shooting that way for so many years.

Is there some safety mechanism around this?

Imagine getting a squib. You know it, but you can't release the trigger. Although you will most likely release the trigger after shooting that way for so many years.

You can re-engage the safety and release the trigger. That’s if you catch the squib before releasing the trigger.

I know one of them can be put on safe while holding the trigger back, I just can't recall which. Must be the amnesia.(TBI)

Last edited:

Yes.
I can confirm for the cheaper version the echo sport.
You just keep your finger on the trigger and then move the paddle right above it back to semi.
The regular version, you can supposedly do the same. But it's all contained with the same safety movement.
I like the idea of the cheaper version better

The thought of firing on the release just gives me the creeps - and I live where everything is illegal.
Release triggers are big in the Trap shooting world. Seems sketchy as hell to me, and the rearward pull of the trigger is not what is throwing off my trap game. "Pull - bang - eff!"

Release triggers are big in the Trap shooting world. Seems sketchy as hell to me, and the rearward pull of the trigger is not what is throwing off my trap game. "Pull - bang - eff!"
Seems to me as though it would promote some really bad habits that could result in disaster when handling a gun without a release trigger.

If you had a squib, how is a new round getting in the chamber? Are we saying it had enough energy to push the bullet past the gas port and extract/eject the last casing and feed the next, but not enough to get the rest of the way out of the barrel?

If you had a squib, how is a new round getting in the chamber? Are we saying it had enough energy to push the bullet past the gas port and extract/eject the last casing and feed the next, but not enough to get the rest of the way out of the barrel?
That is assuming gas operated. Something blowback operated could possibly cycle with a squib.

You pull the trigger. it does not go bang. All your training says "keep gun pointed down range, release trigger, place on bench, work on diagnosing the issue". The problem is release the trigger sends a second round down the chamber, hits the potential squib and blows the gun up in your face.

But you do you.

You pull the trigger. it does not go bang. All your training says "keep gun pointed down range, release trigger, place on bench, work on diagnosing the issue". The problem is release the trigger sends a second round down the chamber, hits the potential squib and blows the gun up in your face.

But you do you.
I think this is like the "glock doesn't have a safety" debate.

It's on the shooter to know how their gear works, and if they don't it *is* on them.

I know OF release triggers for Trap, but didn't think it was a thing outside of the Ljutic Space Gun that I read about years ago.

I've shot lots of Trap and never knew of anyone with a release. "Mr. Happy" care to chime in?

Back
Top Bottom