Scott signs VT Suppressor Hunting Bill into law

They'd need to legalize them, can't hunt with what you can't own.
Ma senators cannot in a good faith legalize any senator removal tools. Even a slight probability is too much when stakes are about safety of politicians.

Ma senators cannot in a good faith legalize any senator removal tools. Even a slight probability is too much when stakes are about safety of politicians.
In other words, CORRUPT MA. POLITICIANS ARE AFRAID OF BEING SHOT AT THEIR FRONT DOOR AND NOBODY HEARING THE SHOTS.

They'd need to legalize them, can't hunt with what you can't own.
It's already legal to hunt with suppressors in MA; or put correctly, it is not illegal to hunt with suppressors. As you say, the issue is ownership. The only people who legally own and/or possess suppressors are 07 FFLs and LEOs. My night time coyote setup is a 300BLK AR pistol with a suppressor and thermal. 2/3 of the setup they will not let the average person possess. I am actually surprised they have not yet attacked night vision and thermal use...

In other words, CORRUPT MA. POLITICIANS ARE AFRAID OF BEING SHOT AT THEIR FRONT DOOR AND NOBODY HEARING THE SHOTS.
Then we just need to show then that silencers really only muffle the report and are still able to be picked up by shot spotter.

Most don't understand that even a good silencer only takes the level down from immediate damage to chainsaw level.

That's great, but Vermont sucks in other ways, 3 day waiting period, mag limits, higher tax burden than NH or even MA, and it's full of pot smoking earthy crunchy hippies, but otherwise Vermont is nice.

Suppressors merely protect your hearing from being instantly destroyed if you are using typical supersonic cartridges. You still need ear protection for supersonic cartridges. Politicians are just too dumb to want to understand because they think suppressors are hush hush quiet and are/will be used in crimes and their uninformed constituents buy into the rhetoric. Like someone said above, criminals can just use pillows if they want to lesson the sound when offing someone. Heck, that was in the Godfather. Suppressors are very positive for everyone’s health and to reduce the sound burden caused by ranges. There is simply no downside associated with them. Govt should be encouraging their widespread use.

It's already legal to hunt with suppressors in MA; or put correctly, it is not illegal to hunt with suppressors. As you say, the issue is ownership. The only people who legally own and/or possess suppressors are 07 FFLs and LEOs. My night time coyote setup is a 300BLK AR pistol with a suppressor and thermal. 2/3 of the setup they will not let the average person possess. I am actually surprised they have not yet attacked night vision and thermal use...
I don't hunt, but I had thought there was a thing about Artificial Light with Coyotes. Which always seemed crazy, because off leash dogs exist. Was there an update or anything that differentiates Artificial Light as just flashlights and to not include Thermal and Night Vision?

I don't hunt, but I had thought there was a thing about Artificial Light with Coyotes. Which always seemed crazy, because off leash dogs exist. Was there an update or anything that differentiates Artificial Light as just flashlights and to not include Thermal and Night Vision?
Thermal is not artificial light, but receiving a different wave length. NV is the same and fine as long as you don’t have a flashlight.

That's great, but Vermont sucks in other ways, 3 day waiting period, mag limits, higher tax burden than NH or even MA, and it's full of pot smoking earthy crunchy hippies, but otherwise Vermont is nice.
You forgot they have Bernie Sanders as a Senator. Except we have no claim to fame with Granny Warren.

Tell me more. I've got what seems like a good opportunity to retire there. Am I making a mistake?
If you are anywhere but Burlington, there is a serious lack of good restaurants and shops. And you don't want to be in Burlington. Literally everything you want to do or go to will be an hour away, no matter where in the state you live. Fishing and hunting are good, but don't expect to grow much of a garden if you want. Everything above southern VT is in zone 4 a or b, which is basically Anchorage, Alaska. Super short growing season. Learn how to do everything yourself, there is a massive shortage of tradespeople, and the ones we have are so busy they don't call you back unless it's for a very large job. You will quickly grow to hate leaf peepers. The taxes are catastrophic and set to be raised again. And don't worry about that mag limit, it's pretty unenforceable the way it's written, and only comes in to play when someone doesn't like you. Car inspections are like $80 a year and pretty tough. I don't know if it's a mistake, but I would have done it differently.

I was checking a specific Maine law late last year and stumbled upon a change in Maine law basically removing the use of a permit to hunt with suppressors. So now I can hunt to a suppressor.
I never heard anybody talking about it. I was amazed!

RC

Yeah, obviously I was referencing John Q Public not just government licensed/employed folks though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom