Scouting Pictures - 9.15.09

Viper22

NES Member
I took my camera along squirrel hunting this evening, and found a good amount of fresh deer tracks.

DSC016251.JPG

DSC016242.JPG

DSC016203.JPG

DSC016192.JPG

DSC016161.JPG

DSC016151.JPG

DSC016141.JPG

DSC016133.JPG

DSC016111.JPG

Last edited:
I've seen a few deer on (edited) that secret location by that place ([wink]). I have also seen alot of turkey on a road I'm not naming, because I am going turkey hunting for the first time this year. [smile]

Last edited:
Kaos, It'll be my first time hunting this year too. I'm planning on Fall Turkey, and then Archery, Shotgun & Black Powder for deer. If you'd like to join me sometime this season, you're more than welcome.

Last edited:
I'd take down the identifying aspects of your posts. It is real easy to burn a spot if you name roads and towns. This post will have around 500 people looking at it, who now know where you are hunting.

I am new to hunting, other than preserve pheasant hunting. I didn't know hunters would crowd another guys hunting spot. Most of the guys that I have talked with about turkey hunting have told me some spots to scout. Now you have me wondering if they are guiding me away from their spots... [thinking]

Last edited:
I didn't know hunters would crowd another guys hunting spot.

Yeah, mostly guys from anywhere EAST of 495. LOL. Like flies on shit. That's why we redneck hillbillies in western Mass post our land. Even that doesn't always stop them from trespassing.
One thing that puzzles me, is that areas in the eastern half of the state hold WAY more game than the western half, yet most of the hunyucks (that's what we call em) still come out here to hunt. I had a spot that I hunted for 20 years, and suddenly the hunyucks appeared. They show up with atv's and walkie talkies. They sleep in $50,000 motor homes, and just drive all the deer out of my area. Reminds me of the time I hunted Nantucket. Generally, folks out here can't stand them.

Back
Top Bottom