Sea Ducks Any Woodworkers out there?

N.E. CHARTERS

Banned
Any Woodworkers out there?

I need a new Plywood / Fiberglass covered floor for my 17 ft Zodiac Inflateable Boat to make it an effective stable Sea Duck hunting platform.

It should be foam cored with upper and lower sheets of plywood for streangth rigitity and floatation. With rugged mounting blocks to bolt down cooler seats and a small side console.

Built in Storage for the Anchor and Battery/Fuel tank would be a big plus.

Anybody want to build it in exchange for a few Sea Duck hunting trips in Southern Maine?

I can design it but am allergic to the wood and fiberglass resins.[sad]

Capt Walt
Master Maine Guide

zodiac108.jpg

This is what it loks like now. I figure to just pull out the sectional floorboards and lay them on a scarffed piece of 1/2" CDX PT and trace out the pattern. Then Gorilla glue in 2x4 PT edges all around on the flat and a 2x4 pt internal keel in the center. then run ripped tapered PT transitional stringers at regular intervals for internal compression supports.

Flip the whole thing over and lay in closed cell foam and sheath with 1/2" CDX PT.

The whole thing is glued and screwed with galv deck screws. Then covered/ encapsulated with a thin layer of fiberglass cloth.

Anyone up for a project?

Maybe someone could help me do the wood floor and then I can send it out to be fiberglassed to someone else?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom