SEPT. 15-16 - Sanford, ME

I just went to Bangor Maine gun show SEPT 8th and 9th. Talked to a lot of people I know there and the over all attendance was down and buying was down. I've been going for the last few years and I noticed fewer tables this year. Good luck down there and I hope this is just because people are getting ready to pre-buy oil. :)

On the other hand I made out like a bandit myself with what I picked up :)

I was in Sanford today for work and was surprised to see signs on the sides of the road up and down the main street "GUN SHOW" with the dates and location!!

Sure wouldn't see that in Mass!!

I was in Sanford today for work and was surprised to see signs on the sides of the road up and down the main street "GUN SHOW" with the dates and location!!

Sure wouldn't see that in Mass!!

You will if you look. But you'll only see them up the day of the show. DPW and police won't allow them to stay up a week in advance.

We had a crackpot years back who ran computer shows in the NY/NJ/PA area. A week or so before the show he would put a few hundred of signs up and down the roadways, many on private property. After the show ended, he would disappear and the removal was left up to the towns. It became an eyesore. From that date on, ordinances were passed to prohibit the placing of signs without a permit unless it was on your own property. The practice tended to die after his company folded.

Let me guess . . .

KGP Productions (Ken Gordon Productions)?

He was from NJ and ran computer shows in MA as well. LOTS of signs all over the place here too. He's since retired and the shows have gone the way of the dodo-bird.

Back
Top Bottom