Sharon Fish and Game Club

I've been with these guys for a year now and I love them! Great club and very cool people. It's like being in Uncle Buck's backyard up in Maine! Very laid back.

Is there a good time to drop by and take a look around? I'm in Canton, and am looking to join a club.

Is there a good time to drop by and take a look around? I'm in Canton, and am looking to join a club.

Trap and Skeet are on Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings. Rifle Is Tuesday night, Pistol is Thursday and Junior Rifle is Friday nights (starting again in September).

The outdoor range is open during the day and I do not run into a lot of people shooting, but often someone is around the club.

If you want some contacts on the BOD, just PM me.

My son and I are having a lot of fun with our new licenses and acquisitions and SF&G.

Choosing a club is very dependent on what you are looking for.

For informal skeet/trap shooting in your area, Sharon is a very good bet. For other shotgun sports in addition to traditional skeet/trap, check out Independent in Foxboro (behind Lowe's in Plainville off US-1).

For high-power rifle or anything else, there are much better clubs out there. Check out their rules on how many rounds you can load, ventilation system/air quality on indoor range (if you plan on indoor shooting), etc. before deciding on any club.

I cannot find to much information on them I am wondering what the join fee is, access to the grounds, other general info. Thanks in advance.

I cannot find to much information on them I am wondering what the join fee is, access to the grounds, other general info. Thanks in advance.

You will never "find" information about them. They chose long ago to be "under the radar" . . . no website, no info available unless you go their personally when shooters are there and ask. There is no gate, so you can drive in any time and look around yourself . . . two ponds (they used to stock them and there was a separate membership for fishing), skeet and trap fields, outdoor range (read the restrictions very carefully) and indoor range (even more restrictions -you'll need to go there when people are in the clubhouse to look around).

Sunday mornings you'll find people at the skeet/trap fields. No idea when else you'll find people there. You'll need to ask lots of questions to find out rules (preferably before joining) and see if this is a club for you or not. You can shoot skeet/trap on Sunday mornings without being a club member.

309 East St
Sharon, MA 02067

[email protected]

There is a sign at the end of the drive but it is kinda hidden...and you have to follow the drive all the way in (there is a private residence that you have to drive behind...that is NOT the club)

If you have any questions or want to stop by, PM me.

Last edited:
Very sad news. A true gentleman has passed. A good friend just sent me this notice.

Dockray & Thomas Funeral Home, Canton, MA 02021

Francis Lydon
June 21, 2014

Francis J. Lydon age 85 of Canton passed away at the Charlwell House in Norwood June 21st. Born and raised in Milton, he graduated from Milton High School and Boston College and has lived in Canton since 1955. He was a veteran of the Army National Guard and worked as a Tech Representative for Naval Contractor, Thomas Enterprises, before retiring. He was the President of the Massachusetts Rifle and Pistol Assn for many years and was a competitive Pistol Target Shooter. Frank was also the past president and member of the Sharon Fish and Game Club and an Auxiliary Police Officer for the Town of Canton. Beloved husband of Loretta T. (Reardon). Father of Michael J. and his wife Lori of CA, Matthew F. of Canton, Mark J and his wife Cindy of Norton and Francis T. and his wife Teddi of Stoughton. Brother of Eleanor Olson of Mashpee and the late John Lydon and Caroline Riley. Also survived by 12 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren. Visiting hours at the Dockray & Thomas Funeral Home 455 Washington St. Canton Thursday 4-8 pm. Funeral mass at St. Gerard Majella Church Friday morning at 10. Burial Knollwood Memorial Park, Canton. Donations may be made in his memory to the Canton Veteran’s Service Department 801 Washington St. Canton, MA 02021.

I had the privilege of knowing Frank for 22 years. He was a great guy and a true asset to that club.

RIP Frank! [halfmast]

Back
Top Bottom