• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shooting at Dorchester gun range

Look it up and let us know. Thanks.

She forgot.
I want to say 12 St. Marks.
All triple deckers there, looks like its still nice as they all are about 800K to 1mill a piece.
Back in 1990, she was paying $300 a month!! [laugh]
I'm sure now someone is paying $2,000 a month.

Lol, the last appraiser I had charged extra because my house was “hard”. He came in and did his shit, asked me what I thought it was worth and then just put down the Zillow estimate lol. What a scam.

i see your “hard” and raise you the idiot who did an outside only appraisal of the neighbors garage to guest house conversion Instead of our house. That led to a few interesting conversations with a bank. I might actually have said “you hired a f***ing idiot. I’m not f***ing paying for your fail”

I didn’t know you would need a gun range to shoot guns in Dorchester.
They were just getting the range to the target,
for their gun shooting.

When I was born my family lived on Faulkner Street, across the street from the gun club. Home is long gone.
Tragic Street Pop?

I spent a lot of time there as a competition shooter, LEO, and later LEO Instructor. I think I have still have keys to the place somewhere. There was lots of lead flying around in there. Bob Phillips, one of the regular instructors, died from lead poisoning. One of our LEO instructors had way too much lead in his system and was advised by his doctor to stay out of there. Now they don't allow lead bullets. I haven't talked to Pat in years. I still talk to Mike occasionally. No idea what happened to Mort.
Bob Phillips died from multiple myeloma. I'm sure lead didn''t help any, the place was about 2" deep in lead dust. We now use Sinterfire bullets. They're ok but I load my own for competition shooting so I had to cough up money to buy club bullets. Pat is doing fine and so is Mike. Still teaching. I've been there for over 20 years now. Mort also passed away some time ago.

I was a member back in the 90's,and also use to train the Brinks guys there.It's was a nice place with some great people working there.
Mike,Pat,Bob,and Mort.I wonder who is left?
Mike and Pat are left. I've been there for over 20 years now. The club isn't like the old days, competitions on weekends, a group hanging out at the table talking sh#t. Now it has a public shooting program. You get to shoot for an hour and use a variety of guns and rifles. Instructor lives on your shoulder. If you want to off yourself, you have to really want to and be pretty quick.

Mike and Pat are left. I've been there for over 20 years now. The club isn't like the old days, competitions on weekends, a group hanging out at the table talking sh#t. Now it has a public shooting program. You get to shoot for an hour and use a variety of guns and rifles. Instructor lives on your shoulder. If you want to off yourself, you have to really want to and be pretty quick.
Is Jackie still teaching over there with you and Mike? I've kept my club membership up but haven't stopped by in a long time since I got dinged at work on a BLL test before the club went lead free. I get the text message updates from Gary now, but I've never actually met him.

B&D Reloaders in Hyde Park. Great gun store!

But do you pronounce it correctly? Hi'Paaaaah.

That part of Dorchester is funny. There are all these beaten delinquent landlord triple deckers with section 8 tenants, but a couple streets over, there are $2M houses. Really screws with the median neighborhood pricing.

View attachment 555097
Some nice areas there.

Boston is like that, travel 1 mile and you go from section 8 to million dollar homes.

When I bought my place the first appraiser f*cked up and I had to switch banks. The idiot compared with places like 3 miles away in some ghetto a** neighborhood. I was like "dude, I am surrounded by $800K properties, the place across the street is on sale for $850K, and you are comparing with some section 8 place 3 miles away?".

The second one did a much better job with property selection.

Apparently the problem is there aren't that many homes on sales, or that many recent sales, so it is harder for them.

That's a lot of Eastern cities. Look at NYC. In the same BLOCK, you can have some guy who is inches away from homeless and some other guy bringing in $2mil a year. Not a mile. The same block. Cities can be very eclectic.

That's a lot of Eastern cities. Look at NYC. In the same BLOCK, you can have some guy who is inches away from homeless and some other guy bringing in $2mil a year. Not a mile. The same block. Cities can be very eclectic.
Yes, but I am talking about properties.

Back
Top Bottom