Show us your storm/hardig/pelican self-cut-foam cases

The Storm Case first round group buy is starting to be distributed (if you have no clue what I'm talking about, go green! and get in on the second round buy) and some of these were purchased with uncut foam.

Separately, a number of you have noted cases with solid foam you've cut up on your own in the past.

How'bout some pics?

I bought a big Pelican case with precut foam to move my collection from California, but it might be good to have ideas for my own custom foam for this or a future smaller case.

This is what i PLANNED on doing to mine...
100_0599.jpg

This is what I ended up doing after my Baretta 92 and my Walther P-22 somehow procreated and I ended up with a Walther PPS... :eek:)

100_0601.jpg

Miine is the Storm iM2200... took a little bit of work getting all the foam out, but a good hobby knife makes it relatively painless... till you stab yourself.

FhvnLT4A, are those slots cut to the dimensions of the pistols in them, or are they generic? Eventually I'm going to need a case for bringing a lot of pistols to the range but don't want to necessarily bring the same ones each time. [devil2]

Sorta kinda both..... The Beretta 92 did have to have a LITTLE more shaved off the sides. but all the others fit with the standard knockout squares that come precut in the foam. The knockouts are pretty well attached to the foam and dont come out easily, but if you use a good sharp utility knife you can either cut the squares the way they are ( i suggest pulling the foam to the side to open up the pre cut line) or you can cut through it any way you want ( round cut, oval shapes, whatever)

FhvnLT4A, are those slots cut to the dimensions of the pistols in them, or are they generic? Eventually I'm going to need a case for bringing a lot of pistols to the range but don't want to necessarily bring the same ones each time. [devil2]

I just cut mine to the width of 2 cubes, my 92FS is slightly bigger than the cut but that just means it holds everything tighter.

This Storm Case will be cut once all the parts are mounted to my AR.[smile]

SWMP15FT.jpg

This Storm Case is cut for my Remington 700 LTR.

LTR-casefoam.jpg

Here's a Pelican I plucked for my MKIII.

mkiii-case-1.jpg

Here was my first attempt ever with my Walther P99c.

p99c.jpg

Here's one I plucked for my Sig 229.

pelican229-2.jpg

Here's the 220 in her case.

sig-pelican.jpg

Another crude, early attempt with a Walther.

ppk-box.jpg

The Model 41.

41-box6.jpg

Very cool yet expensive having a case for each firearm you have! I love the idea just not the expense [shocked] I like fooped's (and I have complimented him in the past so I want to give credit where credit is due) with the vertical storage unit! Awesome!

Back
Top Bottom