• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shriners gun show 11/11 + 11/12

Billium

NES Member
Think any of these HD 4xxx bills will affect shows like this in MA in the future? There doesn’t seem to be many shows in this state
but losing these would definitely be a win for the anti 2A crowd.
1699574680444.jpeg

Anyone go? I'm busy this weekend but I don't think I'm missing anything.
Average sized crowd. There was some 5.56 but it was too pricey. Lots of hand guns, but everything more expensive than local gun shops. Some pre-ban ARs over $3k. It didn’t smell all that bad, but some guys probably should have showered. Lots of folded tables in the corner. At $13 admission you have to buy something, luckily the jerky guy was there. All in all something to do on a weekend.

P.s. I actually didn’t go.

Seriously? 😂
Yes seriously. I did go. Bought a few hard to find mags. Got a deal on a nice shotgun.
Met a few people I have not seen in a long time. Got a great lunch. The food is good there.

The very knowledgeable FFL who testified at the House hearing was there.

What did you guys do?

Average sized crowd. There was some 5.56 but it was too pricey. Lots of hand guns, but everything more expensive than local gun shops. Some pre-ban ARs over $3k. It didn’t smell all that bad, but some guys probably should have showered. Lots of folded tables in the corner. At $13 admission you have to buy something, luckily the jerky guy was there. All in all something to do on a weekend.

P.s. I actually didn’t go.
The only people that do ok at shows, gun, or other are the promoters.
Trust me on this.
I would never vend anything but promoting something I would consider.

New to the whole culture, but went to Springfield 2 weeks ago, picked up an AR from a local shop at the show. They were very nice and made the process easy. Went to the one this weekend as well. Find it very enjoyable. It had its share of odd ball attendees, good selection of misc stuff. I saw the guy with the AR's and spoke briefly. They went up almost a $1000 bucks from 2 weeks ago. I bet he sold everything he had. IT was all in good shape. Looking forward to the ones in the spring.

Yes seriously. I did go. Bought a few hard to find mags. Got a deal on a nice shotgun.
Met a few people I have not seen in a long time. Got a great lunch. The food is good there.

The very knowledgeable FFL who testified at the House hearing was there.

What did you guys do?
Busy weekend. Replace the driveshaft bearing on the sled Saturday. Stacked wood then met a bunch of NESrs for dinner and drinks Sunday. Btw I live in NH so I haven’t been to a mass show in many years. Glad you enjoyed.

There are seven gun shows within driving distance of my new house on the weekend of Dec. 16-17. I'll probably only go to the closet one just to see what one looks like.

Busy weekend. Replace the driveshaft bearing on the sled Saturday. Stacked wood then met a bunch of NESrs for dinner and drinks Sunday. Btw I live in NH so I haven’t been to a mass show in many years. Glad you enjoyed.
Sounds like you were busy. Thanks, it was good.

Back
Top Bottom