• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig P320 X5 Legion, 3.6 Pro Cut Slide, PMM Barrel and Comp Issue

HarryPottar

NES Member
HI,

So I know this is lego build rather than Build it Yourself, However.

I picked up;
Used good condition Sig P320 X5 Legion Frame
Used Excellent Condition 3.6 inch Pro cut Slide SKU 8900176
Used Rough a round the edges 3.6 Parker Mountain Machine (PMM) Threaded Barrel and Compensator. Now sure if correct model in link

New shims from PMM for Build
New DPM Sig Sauer P 320 X Mechanical Recoil Rod Reducer System, Compact & Rxp 9mm/40S&W, Barrel Length 3.6in, MS-SI/25, 3K0-FGR-DPM202-MS-SI-25

I scrubbed and cleaned the barrel and comp, it was rough, I oiled everything, then cleaned off the threads, use Rocksett, new shims and index in soft jawed vice.

I used the shortest (lightest) spring on the DPM recoil system.

Not shot it yet, but manually manipulating the slide, it seems to lock(stick) back on it's own.

If I really work the slide it works fine but every now and again it just sticks back.

Observations.

If I lock the slide back with the slide lock, the barrel is quite loose, I can wiggle it.

If the slide locks back (not using the slide lock) short of just gets stuck, the barrel is locked, sort of wedged into place.

It's like the top flat part of the barrel is getting jammed against the slide near the front.

Should I try a stronger spring? Is it a miss-match between the barrel and the slide.

thanks Harry

IMG_1288.jpg IMG_1289.jpg IMG_1290.jpg IMG_1291.jpg IMG_1292.jpg

Not sure about the spring. I had to try different spring combos recoil & firing pin) in a Zev slide for a factory Glock 17.
But how does the lose barrel or other slide observations compare to the same manipulation in a factory 320 X5 Legion?

Back
Top Bottom