• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig Pro Shop Ammo?

I've heard that they usually have 9mm in stock. Anyone know if this tends to be true? If so, what is their limit on purchases? Being 2-1/4 hours away, a one or two box limit makes a trip impractical, especially with gas going up .25/gal in the last week.

I've heard that they usually have 9mm in stock. Anyone know if this tends to be true? If so, what is their limit on purchases? Being 2-1/4 hours away, a one or two box limit makes a trip impractical, especially with gas going up .25/gal in the last week.
It's usually their hps and not cheap.

You can call ahead and probably even pay for it over the phone

They almost always have ammo in stock, but its limited to 2 boxes per person and its like walking into some dystopian bread line when you show up.

There are actually guys who go to SIG multiple times a day with multiple friends to buy more ammo and deal with the box limit.

If you're in any state other than Mass... order ammo online in bulk.

There are actually guys who go to SIG multiple times a day with multiple friends to buy more ammo and deal with the box limit.

Lol none of the online places are better than just playing a local/ground game right now, with the possible exception of people who can get access to whatever ammo CMP is
selling. At least locally you can do things like negotiate to cross trade for like value ammo etc. Or find someone who doesnt want to deal with shipping ammo somewhere
and get a price cut on the front end based on that. The guy who wanted $850 on GB for a case of ammo becomes a $700 case of ammo in real life.

Lol none of the online places are better than just playing a local/ground game right now, with the possible exception of people who can get access to whatever ammo CMP is
selling. At least locally you can do things like negotiate to cross trade for like value ammo etc. Or find someone who doesnt want to deal with shipping ammo somewhere
and get a price cut on the front end based on that. The guy who wanted $850 on GB for a case of ammo becomes a $700 case of ammo in real life.
I gave up on buying ammo locally years ago because shops never have the ammo I need.

As others have said, one or two box limit, limited selection, overpriced and usually a long wait to even get inside. Forget about calling ahead to prepay, as the Pro Shop stopped answering phone calls months ago.

You can order ammo from Sig online as well. The inventory is hit and miss like that in the store, and you'll pay the same prices as the store.

All their JHP stuff runs at about a dollar a round. As I enjoy trying random ammo and I was bored, I grabbed 500 rounds of their 124Gr JHP. I'll probably shoot about 250 of it and save the rest for when I run out of HSTs, Gold Dots, or Golden Sabers.

If you do go and wait in the ammoline at sig, make sure you hit McPhersons in the castle down the road. They usually have some neat shit in stock and like 500 yards down the road.

Last edited:
I went last Sunday. It's THREE boxes of ammo, per caliber, per branded box, per person.
They had at least two different types of 9mm FMJ, and you can buy three boxes of each. And if you bring a friend or two, they can also buy three of each.

I didn't go crazy stocking up. I was there for other items.

Expect to wait about a half hour outside to get in. They scan your temp with a thermal camera when you enter.

The staff is super polite and very helpful.

Fwiw, last Sunday the line was out the door and around the building. Shooters was full, line snaked through the store and a LOT of cases were empty. Calling ahead seems prudent.

I live in MA and have been ordering online for a couple of years now. Last delivery I got was in mid-December. Granted there aren’t as many who deliver to MA but then again, there’s not a lot of inventory available on any web providers. I think OP will have a better shot at finding online than driving a couple hours to maybe get half a dozen boxes of 9.

why wouldn’t you order in bulk from Mass? Sales tax?

Most of the common online ammo vendors refuse to ship to them because they need a FID/LTC to possess/buy ammo.
That’s surprising to hear but there is also people that think Glocks are illegal in Mass. I‘ve not had a problem having bulk ammo or reloading components shipped to Mass. And that’s from some of the larger names in the business and at or below common pricing.

Back
Top Bottom