sig pro SP2009: removing the mag release ?

thanks, but i am still waiting for my membership approval for sigforum. they usually take this long?

Here's how you do it.

Push in on the magazine catch stop with a small flat-blade screwdriver or similar tool, lift the assembly out of the frame. There are four pieces; the mag catch, mag catch spring, mag catch stop and the catch stop spring.

Take the grip panels off. Slide the support plate back toward the rear of the gun and re-install it on the opposite side.

Install the mag catch w/spring. With the pistol lying on your working surface, carefully install the catch stop and catch stop spring into the mag catch. The little "step" or leg on the catch stop MUST be at the 6 o'clock position (closest to the frame). Push the catch stop in while pushing the mag catch in as far as it will go. Carefully release the mag catch.

Just bought a second hand sig pro SP2009. its a righty model but the mag release is on the right side of the pistol, so i have to use my right index finger to drop the mag instead of my thumb. sig says its reversable and they charge $85 to do it. Forget that....anyone know how to take this out? I tried pulling the mag release lock out with a flathead after pressing the release all the way in but it wont budge. anyone have this pistol and know how to do this? Thanks

rob

Back
Top Bottom