Sig Sauer Hangun 102 Class...anyone take it?

Did you take 101? I'm thinking about taking 102 as well, wondering if 101 is worth the cost. I've been shooting for quite a while and it seems like a lot of the class would be redundant, but it's listed as a suggested pre-req for 102.

Did you take 101? I'm thinking about taking 102 as well, wondering if 101 is worth the cost. I've been shooting for quite a while and it seems like a lot of the class would be redundant, but it's listed as a suggested pre-req for 102.

That's what we thought as well. We shoot a lot and felt $200 + ammo was a lot to spend on stuff we would know. I'm sure there are some great things we could get out of it, but the 102 sounds like a better fit.

I took the 101 because it's the Mass Certified course and I needed it to get my license. It should really be cheaper than the others because you'll spend most your time going through the Mass required topics in the lecture room--minimal shooting. They did have us shoot both wheel guns and auto loaders, which is more than a lot of intro classes do. Great for total noobs but it'll be boring if you have the basic SAFE HANDLING under control. If need be call Sig and tell them you have some experience and more than likely they'll skip you ahead of the 101. If they balk ask to speak with the instructor or have one call you back. The instructors I met were great and said to do this if you have any questions about their courses.

I went back the next day for the 102. It was an expensive weekend but I don't regret it. As for the 102 you also might find that there's less shooting than you expect. But you can't listen to instruction if you're blazing through ammo. Also, they go through some good dry fire practice techniques, which is great for at home practice. And they're also screening for unsafe handling before they go hot range with a bunch of people they just met [smile]. Like most classes everywhere, it really depends on how fast your group learns as to how much material they cover. I really enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Cool, sounds like we are doing the right thing by skipping 101. I plan on doing the 103 not to far after the 102 on August. Have you done that yet?

Back
Top Bottom