Skip's Gun & Sport Shop

I stopped by Skip's Gun & Sport Shop in Bristol NH this weekend. I must say I was impressed with the store. It is decent size, very well stocked, and exceedingly friendly. They had lots of guns, ammo, reloading supplies, archery, and curiosities. There was a bunch of surplus ammo in spam cans, crates, and boxes. This shop is stocked better than most other shops. There is a lot of powder and primers. There is a decent supply of bullets and brass. Plenty of dies on hand too. Prices seemed better than most shops but I'm so used to Massachusetts' shop pricing that almost every gun shop not in Massachusetts seems to have good prices.

I'd rate them a close #2 to Riley's.

From Rt 93 take the Rt 104 exit (exit 23 I think). Head towards Bristol to Rt 3A. Turn right onto Rt 3A as you enter the downtown area. Skips is a few miles out on the left. It is maybe 10 minutes from the highway so its a quick detour heading north or south.

http://www.nhskip.com/

Skip's a good guy, and a good gun smith. The shop is pretty much run by his daughter and son-in-law these days. Too bad it's where it is.

I'll second this, Skips is a good place. If you live in the lakes region Rileys is a bit far to drive just to pick up reloading supplies and Skips is really the only local place to go that carries powder/primers. Skips son in law is friendly and very helpful, and they have a great selection for reloaders. They're also having a big tent sale tomorrow which should miss the hurricane.

Back
Top Bottom