Small Base Dies for AR?

I'm the relatively new owner of a Bushie carbine and plan to do some handloading for it. I've only ever loaded for bolt and lever action rifles before and have always used standard base dies. Should I purchase small base .223 Rem dies for this application? TIA

IF you can afford it, get the Dillon carbide die. If anyone else makes a carbide die for .223, I am not aware of it. Yes, it is big bucks, but it makes your life - and that of the cases - much easier.

IF you can afford it, get the Dillon carbide die. If anyone else makes a carbide die for .223, I am not aware of it. Yes, it is big bucks, but it makes your life - and that of the cases - much easier.

I was thinking about the Dillon carbide dies, but on their website they say you still need to lube the cases, so it wasn't clear to me what the extra cost was buying you. Is there an advantage even though you still need to lube, or is the lube really not needed?

You need a lot less lube and less effort. Try sizing even .30 Carbine with just lube and then try doing it with a carbide die and you'll see why they sell them!

They also don't wear out, are almost impossible to get grit embedded into and are easier on the cases.

Dillon carbide rifle dies are made for longevity. Cases must still be lubed. They're made primarily for high volume loaders.

Back
Top Bottom