• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Smoked a spliff? Toked on Herb? Can't get your LTC? We want to talk to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no record for smokin' and can't give you something upon which to sink your legal teeth, but I've laughed every time I've read your thread title and just wanted to thank you for the daily chuckle. [wink]

Good luck and thank you for everything you do! As soon as I'm gainfully employed once again, I'll be sending you another donation.

AC

Whoa hey now....Dont bunch all pot heads into what you see in movies and tv...I know tons of pot heads that smoke everyday and go on to do awesome stuff. I went to high school with a kid that use to smoke a joint at the end of every day and did all his homework and papers,,he was a straight A student. Sure lots of people use weed to relax, some people drink some beers to do that.
I use to know a guy who sold it, we would see BMWs, Cadillacs, audis.... pull up to the house, lawyers, doctors and even a few LEOs would buy stuff from him. Sorry went on a bit of a tangent there....hahaha

HAHA oniriggers, was definately not grouping and dont feel that way at all. my whole premise is that in general people i have known that partake are very gentle and relaxed. one might say rather sedate! non violent in any sort. wow could i say that any other way? [smile] Love your thoughts! My cousin suffered from massive ADHD in highschool and cured it with a joint, it genuinely worked!

HAHA oniriggers, was definately not grouping and dont feel that way at all. my whole premise is that in general people i have known that partake are very gentle and relaxed. one might say rather sedate! non violent in any sort. wow could i say that any other way? [smile] Love your thoughts! My cousin suffered from massive ADHD in highschool and cured it with a joint, it genuinely worked!

Yup......ive never been to a weed OD before hahaha and yup weed magically "cures" ADD,,,first hand experience hahaha

″An Act Establishing A Sensible State Marihuana Policy,″

That article spells it marihuana multiple times... Curious WHO ELSE, ANYWHERE spells it that way? Why would the state purposely use the more obscure spelling?

That's been a common spelling in statutory law at least since the original Marihuana Tax Act of 1937.

I got a question for you Comm2A....With the up coming election in Mass and the ballot Question #3, medical marijuana. When it passes and becomes law what will it mean for someone who currently has a LTC and goes to get a medical marijuana card so they can own/grow medical marijuana? Will are names be added to some FBI list as a prohibited person? Will we lose our LTC?
Question e. states that "Are you an UNLAWFUL user of, or addicted to marijuana or any depressent, stimulint, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?"
Here is the link if u want to see the form for yourself http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf
So according to the unlawful part of that statment if u got a card for mm I would check no because your use would be legal.

Question e. states that "Are you an UNLAWFUL user of, or addicted to marijuana or any depressent, stimulint, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?"
Here is the link if u want to see the form for yourself http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf
So according to the unlawful part of that statment if u got a card for mm I would check no because your use would be legal.

Except, federally speaking, it *is* unlawful.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

I looked around online and couldn't find an answer to this. What happens to CDL drivers, cops and other people that are normally piss tested in states where it is legal for medical use? Do they now get a pass on weed? I think it would be hilarious if a cop got an exemption for medical dope. I also know a couple that could probably benefit from it.

I looked around online and couldn't find an answer to this. What happens to CDL drivers, cops and other people that are normally piss tested in states where it is legal for medical use? Do they now get a pass on weed? I think it would be hilarious if a cop got an exemption for medical dope. I also know a couple that could probably benefit from it.

As a commercial driver I can tell you that prescribed or not there is a list longer than your arm of medications you can't be using while driving. If for what ever reason you need to be taking them you're not allowed to continue driving.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

As a commercial driver I can tell you that prescribed or not there is a list longer than your arm of medications you can't be using while driving. If for what ever reason you need to be taking them you're not allowed to continue driving.

I understand that, but you can take them when you are not driving. If you get piss tested, you just produce a perscription for the percoset or whatever and you are good to go. If you had a doctors note for the weed and pissed hot, I wonder how that would go over. There is no way (to my knowledge) that they can tell if you are high now or smoked it last night before bed.

I understand that, but you can take them when you are not driving. If you get piss tested, you just produce a perscription for the percoset or whatever and you are good to go. If you had a doctors note for the weed and pissed hot, I wonder how that would go over. There is no way (to my knowledge) that they can tell if you are high now or smoked it last night before bed.

You're not understanding what I'm saying. If you get caught testing positive for ANY drug on the prohibited list prescription or not you are breaking federal law. If you need to be in these drugs you are not legally able to work in the transportation industry.

Do we know any California friends on here that own n carry...and also hold a MM card? I'd be interested to see what they do in Cali.

Whats more rediculous is weed is a schedule I and coke and others are schedule II.

Allegedy, weed has no medicinal purpose.

yes that is all well and good, but why does comm2a use PAYsPAL as a "go to" donation site, when everyone knows that Payspal, and esbay are totally against gun owners...dont believe me, try listing a gun item on e'bay !

yes that is all well and good, but why does comm2a use PAYsPAL as a "go to" donation site, when everyone knows that Payspal, and esbay are totally against gun owners...dont believe me, try listing a gun item on e'bay !

We have both Paypal and a bank donation option.

I haven't seen the NRA or GOAL openly offer to help people, yet they always want my money. COMM2A on the other hand is always openly offering to help people. If you don't already donate to COMM2A I suggest you start so they can continue to help the people of this state!

In recent times my gun club in North Central Connecticut received a sizable sum of money from the NRA for legal expenses incurred in defense of a lawsuit. Perhaps a small percentage of the entire legal bill but sizable in itself.

Also there was a well known incident around here when a licensed gun owner was arrested because his carried weapon accidentally became exposed in a fast food restaurant and someone phoned it in. In addition to owning a security company he is or was an employee of a local gun shop and I have chatted with him. He received several checks from NRA to help with legal expenses.

The outcome of both referenced examples here, by the way, turned out positive.

About 20 years ago, I got pulled over and had a couple of joints on me, got busted, went to court, don't really remember the charge or outcome because it was so long ago. This happen in Florida.
Should I even bother applying for class A, or am I basically screwed..

About 20 years ago, I got pulled over and had a couple of joints on me, got busted, went to court, don't really remember the charge or outcome because it was so long ago. This happen in Florida.
Should I even bother applying for class A, or am I basically screwed..

Do you remember where it was? Will you be traveling nearby any time soon? If so, I'd try to go to the courthouse and see if you can get a copy of the original docket. Someone more familiar with the process than me could tell you what you'd have to do to get a background check that would show it. If it does show on a background check, the original docket will be the next step toward fighting it.

I'm back living in Mass. now and have been for many years. Ok I just used one of those sites and did a background check on myself.

Last edited:
You can likely get an FID, since your conviction is over 5 years old and minor drug offenses aren't federally prohibitive. In order to get an LTC, you'd need to get your conviction 'set aside' by the court. I don't know if FL has a mechanism for that or not. I'm not an attorney, and this isn't legal advice. If you want to pursue this on your own, I'd confirm what I said with a MA attorney and then engage a FL attorney to deal with the FL conviction. If you don't want to go to that length/expense, send the info requested in the OP to comm2A and they may be able to help you.

Can someone help me in Connecticut? A relative got a minor possession of mari back in the early 80's and it was there only charge ever. Applied for permit, denied for this reason. We now have it decriminalized here and it passed for medical reasons. Would my relative be able to "protest" this?

Thanks!

I'm back living in Mass. now and have been for many years. Ok I just used one of those sites and did a background check on myself.

Offense Date1992
Case NumberXXXXX
DescriptionNot Specified, Marijuana
Case CommentsReopen Date: Not Applicable, Reopen Closed Date: Not Applicable
Offense DegreeFirst Degree
Offense LocationSt Johns
Final RulingAdjudicated Guilty/d - I Think I'm Srewed Because Of This.. [angry]
RestitutionNot Applic
Court Information
Case NumberXXXXX
Cost75.00
DescriptionSt Johns 55c - County Court
PleaNolo-contendere
FineNot Applic
DispositionNolo-contendere

Follow the instructions on the first post of this page and we can see what's possible.

Can someone help me in Connecticut? A relative got a minor possession of mari back in the early 80's and it was there only charge ever. Applied for permit, denied for this reason. We now have it decriminalized here and it passed for medical reasons. Would my relative be able to "protest" this?

FYI, CT statutes allow erasure of criminal records for decriminalized offenses...

CGS 54-142d said:
Whenever any person has been convicted of an offense in any court in this state and such offense has been decriminalized subsequent to the date of such conviction, such person may file a petition ... for an order of erasure, and the Superior Court or records center of the Judicial Department shall direct all police and court records and records of the state's or prosecuting attorney pertaining to such case to be physically destroyed.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/current/pub/chap961a.htm#Sec54-142d.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom