so how long.....

do you think we have to get our ar's and other evil stuff before Deval and company ban them?

I'm hoping I have about a month... but that mey be too positive.

I wouldn't even haphazard a guess on when.

Most bills are introduced early in the year and public hearings sometime around April/May.

One thing I will take a guess on though... normally any legislation passed doesn't take effect until 90 days after signed by the governor. However, any bill can be passed as emergency legislation that goes into effect immediately after being signed by the gov. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if any potential AWB is passed as emergency legislation to close the final 90 day window of opportunity.

FWIW, I also find it highly unlikely that any ban would include a ban on possession of currently owned firearms (I'm not even 100% certain they could do that even if they wanted to).

I wouldn't even haphazard a guess on when.

Most bills are introduced early in the year and public hearings sometime around April/May.

One thing I will take a guess on though... normally any legislation passed doesn't take effect until 90 days after signed by the governor. However, any bill can be passed as emergency legislation that goes into effect immediately after being signed by the gov. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if any potential AWB is passed as emergency legislation to close the final 90 day window of opportunity.

FWIW, I also find it highly unlikely that any ban would include a ban on possession of currently owned firearms (I'm not even 100% certain they could do that even if they wanted to).

You've got it!

Last time (Fed Ban), the companies cranked out probably 100sK before the ax fell. This time you can count on an emergency provision to PREVENT that from happening again.

Constitutionally you can't confiscate property without compensation. HOWEVER in MA, they don't let little things like the US Constitution get in the way (ask our friends from CA, they've had the same problem with SKSes) of a law to prohibit ownership and make felons of those that possess the items so banned. In MA they could get away with offering you a $1.00 credit/gun on your income tax return and I'm sure that SJC would sign off on it as "not confiscation without compensation"!! [rolleyes]

No crystal balls are adequate to figure out what MIGHT HAPPEN IN THE FUTURE! As some have said, if I had that capability I'd use it to get the winning lottery ticket, cash it and blow this state so fast that nobody could see thru the dust kicked up by the tires!

You've got it!

Last time (Fed Ban), the companies cranked out probably 100sK before the ax fell. This time you can count on an emergency provision to PREVENT that from happening again.

I recall that when the bill that would extend the 94 ban was being discussed, one of the more prominent anti-gun Congress critters specifically mentioned that they wouldn't be making that mistake a second time.

What makes that scenario even more likely, is that Patricks people are consulting with the Brady Bunch pin-heads on the future of MA anti-gun laws. [sad2]

big-gun-800.jpg

Oh yeah?
Glad there is no Hi Cap revolver to worry about

You've got it!

Constitutionally you can't confiscate property without compensation. HOWEVER in MA, they don't let little things like the US Constitution get in the way (ask our friends from CA, they've had the same problem with SKSes) of a law to prohibit ownership and make felons of those that possess the items so banned. In MA they could get away with offering you a $1.00 credit/gun on your income tax return and I'm sure that SJC would sign off on it as "not confiscation without compensation"!! [rolleyes]

This is really my biggest concern. I would go absolutly apeshit if I shell out a $1000 on a gun only for them to turn around in 2 months to ban/confiscate and give me $50 bucks for it.

No I'm sure that gun owners could sue for proper compensation, but it would be a pointless effort...

Back
Top Bottom