So, I'm building an AR...but I don't have the AR yet.

I have a S&W M&P15T on order. I don't know when it's coming in, or, what it will eventually cost.

What I do know is that I bought a Hardigg Storm Case for it in the group buy. I also am buying an Eotech 512 in another group buy. In the mail last week I got my Tango Down vertical fore grip, Magpul XTM rail covers, Magpul ladder rail covers and an Ace skeleton entry butt stock. The week prior I received some pre-ban 20 & 30 round mags.

I'm already $800 deep and I still don't have the rifle yet.

Am I putting the cart before the horse?

Well, the case and the 512 will work with any rifle, not just an AR, so you're good there. They will find a good home.

The other AR specific parts you have are so out of stock right now that you could sell them in your sleep. So, if you decide you're not getting the S&W, you could resell them in a couple of hours.

So, your cart might be before your horse, but there's a lot of people with horses out there who can't find parts for their carts. You might be their savior!!!!!

[rofl]

Of course, maybe you shouldn't be taking parts buying advice from someone who bought a DPMS 308 upper just in case CMMG actually manages to produce and ship G3 mag 308 AR lowers. Someday...........

Before all the tacticool stuff,you should have bought ammo.
That can cut both ways, you can drop a grand on a nice gun (assuming you shop carefully and are patient[crying]) only to realize you have another grand or more to go on mags, ammo, and mall-ninja wear[rofl]

So, if you buy all the crap before-hand it can remind you not to blow your entire budget on the rifle...

Ask me how I know?[laugh] On second thought, I don't want to talk about it... I just changed the budget a'la Congress... [wink]

Before all the tacticool stuff,you should have bought ammo.

Point well taken. I have a substantial amount of .223 for my Remington LTR & some 5.56 that my dad gave me. As soon as I can find a case of 5.56 at a decent price I'll buy it.

I sold some things to pave the way for the AR so I'm working off a nice little nest egg.

When the actual firearm part of the build shows up I'll take some pics.[wink]

I have a S&W M&P15T on order. I don't know when it's coming in, or, what it will eventually cost.

What I do know is that I bought a Hardigg Storm Case for it in the group buy. I also am buying an Eotech 512 in another group buy. In the mail last week I got my Tango Down vertical fore grip, Magpul XTM rail covers, Magpul ladder rail covers and an Ace skeleton entry butt stock. The week prior I received some pre-ban 20 & 30 round mags.

I'm already $800 deep and I still don't have the rifle yet.

Am I putting the cart before the horse?

You definitely are putting the cart before the horse but why not?

I have one complete AR.
6 stripped lowers, 5 lower parts kits, 2 sling attachments, 3 random grips.

I hope to accumulate more parts as time comes and then eventually complete the builds when money permits.

Back
Top Bottom