• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I don't even have an AK and I want it

I want to make a speed loader out of a 2x6 with a router. Probably will take 3 tries to get the angles right.
All depends on how many rounds you want to load at a time
Quick calc says a 40" radius would offset 20 rounds 1.5" across the board (if the slot is perpendicular and 1" from the edge at one end it would be 2.5" from the edge at the other)

Or just grab this file and reverse: Thingiverse - Digital Designs for Physical Objects

All depends on how many rounds you want to load at a time
Quick calc says a 40" radius would offset 20 rounds 1.5" across the board (if the slot is perpendicular and 1" from the edge at one end it would be 2.5" from the edge at the other)

Or just grab this file and reverse: Thingiverse - Digital Designs for Physical Objects
Wonder how easily I could make a magwell out of wood for a mag to latch into.

For someone with woodworking skills or for someone like me?
Big difference there - I tend to mask my skill level with putty and caulking...
I mean, getting the dimensions wouldn't be hard. I have used a drill press like a hand CNC to make some things. My concerned would be trying to to make a good ramp to the feed lips so they don't get hung up as they grt pushed in. I'd probably cut the peice in half and put it together like a clamshell. Would make hollowing out a guide for the pusher much easier.

Last edited:
I mean, getting the dimensions wouldn't be hard. I have used a drill press like a hand CNC to make some things. My concerned would be trying to to make a good connection with feed ramps so the rounds go in the middle. I'd probably cut the peice in half and put it together like a clamshell. Would make hollowing out a guide for the pusher much easier.
a laminated design would be much simpler than trying to route from solid
Feed lip height offset would just be (mag width - case head diameter)/2 which should place the lip right at the slot height

a laminated design would be much simpler than trying to route from solid
Feed lip height offset would just be (mag width - case head diameter)/2 which should place the lip right at the slot height
Yes, but getting those dimensions to match up while utilizing the mag catch would be a lot of measure 6 times and still f*** it up (for me at least)

Yes, but getting those dimensions to match up while utilizing the mag catch would be a lot of measure 6 times and still f*** it up (for me at least)
That's why I like 3d printing - actually producing the parts isn't limited by my layout skills.
Still end up printing like 5 prototypes before I get the design right but once a design works, I can reproduce it easily.

By the time you're done with all the bs setup you could just load them manually, or use stripper clips with adapter
That probably isn't the best showing as far as speed. I feel like I could go from opening the box to a fully loaded mag in under 10 seconds. Would be slower if you had bulk ammo not in 50-round trays

Back
Top Bottom