So I'm moving back to Boston from TX...

Well I hope he knew that our ire was not directed at him but at the thought of him being stuck in Meninostan with his civil rights being violated by that stupid, dumbass mayor.

Regrettably, it looks like he was a "hit and run".

He hasn't seen most of the replies here and hasn't logged in since the day he joined and posted his question.

Last Activity: 11-15-2006 05:43 PM

Regrettably, it looks like he was a "hit and run".

He hasn't seen most of the replies here and hasn't logged in since the day he joined and posted his question.

Last Activity: 11-15-2006 05:43 PM

IN short, his thread was a complete waste of everyone's time.

UM - let me repeat my earlier advice. CALL A LAWYER. NOW.

It sounds to me like you could get a MA Non-resident LTC, but again, there's the whole thing of being physically in MA. IF you're going to be living in Boston (or Brighton or whichever) and there's no way out of it, you NEED to talk to a lawyer with experience in the application process for any chance of a LTC-A for All Lawful Purposes. You want to do this BEFORE you apply.

Good luck, and welcome to the People's Republic.

As far as you happy chaps go with regards to "purchasing" weapons from non-MA residents, how exactly does it work? and do people do it often?
Well first you have to move here, WITH your guns, and get a MA LTC. Once you do that, you can sell 4 guns a year on your LTC.

So go buy 4 nice, expensive guns (BEFORE you move here!) that aren't on the AG's "list", and you can make big bucks selling them to other inmates here in MA. Third generation Glocks are popular, as are HK's and I know I've seen a few folks looking for an NAA revolver.

Oh... and if a Para Ordnance CW9XR follows you down here, let me know. [wink] (I think that's the right model number; I'll check it tonight!)

Ask the attorney. He won't charge you to tell you how much it will cost!

If you do it right, no court costs should apply. Courts here will NOT overturn a chief on "discretion" (not giving a LTC-A/ALP).

Check with attorney before converting your DL or it could be too late to get your LTC-A/ALP. IIRC, as military you get 2 years for your NR LTC-A/ALP thru CHSB, no range tests, no BS. If he tells you this is the best way to proceed. I've already sent a query on your behalf to see if with a military NR LTC you could purchase guns/ammo in MA. Will advise when/if I get an answer.

IF you have to ask, you can't afford it! [wink]

Scrivener, I disagree completely.

We have a right to understand potential costs FIRST.

Generally people only think that lawyers charge thousands of dollars for everything. Putting some info out there in advance (and our asking) is RECOMMENDED by both the American and Mass Bar Associations.

And even if you're joking, don't give up the day job because you're not funny!

Bah! Why keep her if she's such a headache? Plenty of other fish in the sea.

I say dump her and keep your guns! Your guns will never cheat on you, won't menstruate and don't snore or fart at night while you're trying to sleep! Send her packing!!! [wink]

Haha no, sorry I'm still alive! Sorry guys. Extremely busy with work.
As far as all this crap goes... I still have a physical address in Maine... and these are where my guns are residing. I actually just bought a Mossburg shotgun from the Kittery Trading Post and locked er up at my mom's (the physical address, of which I still maintain an ID)... so they are staying up there until I get "utility bills" and the angry motivation to go Ruggles to start running the licensing gammut... as far as moving... it's not gonna happen... a) I can't afford to be breaking a lease that will cost my thousands if I do... and b) my girlfriend, in a nut shell, is in love with the city and refuses to move. If it's a gun or her... I'm going to take her... but I'm still going to try to get the gun (permit at least). As far as you happy chaps go with regards to "purchasing" weapons from non-MA residents, how exactly does it work? and do people do it often?

Last edited by a moderator:
I see...so you are defending her eh Len? Is there something going on between her and you that you wish to share with us???

Aha! I knew he should dump her! But I had no idea you were part of the situation! [shocked] [laugh]

Now...how much is it worth to you if we keep it secret from Mrs. Len? I'm thinking a few grand or so ought to work. Perhaps more if we need it later on. [smile]

Jim, he doesn't know your warped sense of humor . . . yet.

I suggest you cool it a bit with newbies. Thanks.

urban...ignore the translucent fish.

And if you maintain your ME residence, you may be able to get a non-res LTC, but I'm not a lawyer (as I'm sure Scriv will attest to [wink] ), so check it out.

"translucent fish" I like that Lynne!

Hey snowflake!! Save the humor and banter for one of your OT threads.

This gentleman asked a serious question and some of us are trying to help him. At least one is being his normal antagonistic, arrogant and sarcastic self. And you're the joker in the deck!

So take the banter elsewhere before we call for a cleanup in aisle 7!

OK. OK. OK. Even 'tho our question poser is a neighbor, he may not understand that there are levels of LTC. The FID level covers rifles and shotguns UNLESS the are nasty hi-capacity ones. The LTC-B allows only possession and transport (in a locked container) of handguns that are NOT hi-capacity. The LTC-A is the only level that provides for concealed carry AND allows possession and carry of large capacity rifles, shotguns, and firearms (aka handguns in MA) EXCEPT for the limits of the MA AWB that is still in effect and which pertains to hi-cap mags and rifles etc. So, it is a little more complicated that the posts to date (that I have read) have stated.

Also, if you bring guns to MA you can keep them in your abode and you have 180 days to get the requisite level of LTC. If unable to get an LTC-A, then you MUST divest yourself of those items.

I wonder if a non-res LTC can be gotten by someone who is a student residing in MA???? Afterall, such a person MUST register and insure their vehicle here IF it is garaged here for 30 continuous days (this may be an old standard???).

Next consideration is the intent of the FGF (Favorite Girl Friend)? Will she ever consider living in Tomaston?? If not, and you intend to return there, one must consider severing relationships (something that I, married for 38.75 years am unable to do). BTW, were you "an inside resident" of Tomaston?? :)

Well, 'nuff said. IANAL so anything you take away from this post is well worth the air that it is printed upon.

dd

The LTC-B allows only possession and transport (in a locked container) of handguns that are NOT hi-capacity. The LTC-A is the only level that provides for concealed carry AND allows possession and carry of large capacity rifles, shotguns, and firearms (aka handguns in MA)

WRONG. An LTC/B allows possession of "large capacity" rifles and shotguns.

There are only two differences, at most, between an "A" and a "B" license:

1. An "A" holder can possess "large capacity" handguns; and

2. An "A" holder can carry concealed, UNLESS it the license is restricted.

The "B" license does not permit either.

can one bring in a semi-auto AR-15 if they have an LTC-A (or b?)

-Yes, but only if it is "pre 9/13/94 manufacture" or has neutered
features (EG, no FH, no bayo lug, and no collapsible stock)

-Boston has its own AWB which essentially bans anything inside city
limits that is useful in terms of a magazine fed rifle.

-Mike

NO to an AR15 in the City of Boston (Boston Ban)! Other parts of MA they are AOK as long as you have no "no ban" features or new hi-cap mags.

Most PDs in MA will REFUSE to issue you a LTC/FID unless you have a MA DL and are officially called a MA Resident. Some PDs near Bedford (airbase) have been "educated" differently for military, but I fear that education of the Boston PD is an impossible endeavor.

MGL Ch. 140 S. 131F wrt NR LTC states " . . . or who is a member of the armed services and is stationed within the territorial boundaries of the commonwealth and has the written consent of his commanding officer, may be issued for any term not to exceed two years . . . "

So if you are stationed here, getting a NR LTC would give you two years and almost certainly you could get a LTC-A/ALP. Whereas in Boston, if they issue you one at all (see above), it most certainly would NOT allow you to carry anything concealed or loaded, only target practice and hunting.

Back
Top Bottom