• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

So much for 2024 being a better year.

1903Collector

NES Member
Pardon my whining gents, today is the one year anniversary of my Dad's death, we have to put our Labrador down in the in the next day or two and I have to go in for another coronary cath procedure next week, #5 I think, or 6 I can't even remember any more. And it's not even friggin March yet!

Ok, done whining, carry on!

I’m sorry to hear that you’re going through that, and there’s nothing wrong with venting. This isn’t a “flexing on the poors” or a “first world problems” thread, it’s you experiencing some truly bad times in life that we all eventually face.

Keep plugging away and stay strong.

I feel your pain. 2023 was that kind of year for me. You’re not whining, you’re letting it out. Keeping it pent up inside will just make you feel worse. Spend as much time with the pup as you can, it’s your time to be strong for them. As far as your health problems, take them day by day, little bites. Stress absolutely affects healing and recuperation.
As others have said. Take a little time to yourself doing something you love. Even if it’s just an hour at the range, snuggle in the floor with the pup, or a dinner with friends or family. Take the time for yourself because no one else will.
If you need someone to to talk to/at, dm me. This community has been here for me through some tough times and I’m happy to pay it forward.
Keep your head up! Think of great memories of your dad. Celebrate his life, not his death.

Thank you all, hanging out here makes things a little better. Been having some quiet time with the dog before we have to let him go. He's 15 and a hot mess but he's had a good life my butter thief, He would swipe and eat entire sticks of butter and he once woofed down 13 chocolate on chocolate cupcakes. Funny the things you remember.

I hope your procedure goes well. Sorry it's been a tough time for you. Things have been difficult for many lately.
If misery loves company, the past year has been awful for my family as well. We moved my mother in law in with us 2 years ago and I began the process to add an addition for her while my son gave up his room for her and went to the basement. Spent a year to build and finally got her stuff moved into it and once the toilet and final plumbing was in she was able to sleep in there. 9 days later in August she dies of a massive brain bleed :( All this while I am trying to work and do my other full time job taking care of my parents (as their health declines age 89 &87) and their maintain house. Fall comes and my dad gets worse ends up in nursing home so we move my mom to assisted living and day after Xmas my mom falls breaks leg, while both are at same facility my dad ends up in hospice and lasts one day, gone on Jan. 5th. She is back at memory care place but life sure is difficult to age gracefully. It has been exhausting to say the least but I know there are others going thru worse so I just try to stay positive and healthy myself which is becoming more and more difficult. Good luck, I'm sure things will get better

Last edited:
I agree. It's not a very good year. I can either put my dog down or spend 17 grand on 2 knee surgeries. I refuse to put him down. I guess I'll be selling one of the machineguns.
Yea it's hard, my younger daughter has been nursing our old guy for a couple years now but its just gotten to the point where there is nothing else anyone can do. It will be hardest on her, she truly loves these beasties.

I agree. It's not a very good year. I can either put my dog down or spend 17 grand on 2 knee surgeries. I refuse to put him down. I guess I'll be selling one of the machineguns.

I spent $25K on two full hip replacements for our dog a few years ago. And then another $5K for a knee reconstruction.

I'll never regret that.

Back
Top Bottom