• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

So much for 2024 being a better year.

Pardon my whining gents, today is the one year anniversary of my Dad's death, we have to put our Labrador down in the in the next day or two and I have to go in for another coronary cath procedure next week, #5 I think, or 6 I can't even remember any more. And it's not even friggin March yet!

Ok, done whining, carry on!
This calls for a range trip.

Damn. Sorry to hear of the shit you guys are going through. :(
My problems pale in comparison. I try to be grateful for the life I've had so far despite some very tough times. God bless you all. Keep your chin up, your powder dry, and your spirits light.

OMFG... DUDE!!!!!!!

Get better soon.
Thanks Rich, it was really bad this time I was dead on the table on Wednesday and they brought me back.

A whole 24 hour period is gone from my memory. When I came too I couldn’t walk talk or move my arms. I had no idea who my wife even was.

Blessed to still be on this rock. What a week.

Well it's been a week since we put the old boy down, just felt weird the other day picking up dog shit for the last time, I miss him but he was at home in his favorite spot, his bed surrounded by his family, guess you couldn't ask for much more.

Cardiac cath went well, no new stents this time, just another pill to add to the stable for now so next up is getting the other knee replaced in July so things are looking up a bit.

I had high hopes for 2024 but it's gone down in flames. Haven't lost any friends or family and my condolences to those that did. I've been sick for a month with something I can't shake. I need a new roof on my garage to the tune of almost $13,000. And this week my wife was told she's out of a job as the company she was working for decided to eliminate an entire R&D department with 480 U.S. employees.

Thanks Rich, it was really bad this time I was dead on the table on Wednesday and they brought me back.

A whole 24 hour period is gone from my memory. When I came too I couldn’t walk talk or move my arms. I had no idea who my wife even was.

Blessed to still be on this rock. What a week.
Wow, glad your ok brother. What a sad bunch of son of a bitches we are huh?

Pardon my whining gents, today is the one year anniversary of my Dad's death, we have to put our Labrador down in the in the next day or two and I have to go in for another coronary cath procedure next week, #5 I think, or 6 I can't even remember any more. And it's not even friggin March yet!

Ok, done whining, carry on!

Brother, you might be looking at this the wrong (sadder than needed) way.

Your dad has completed his "to do list" (where I come from we believe everybody is born with such a list and upon completion God recalls us back)... he is also in a better place where nothing hurts and he can observe his loved ones as long as he wants. Next time you by "accident" spill a drink- smile. He is raising a toast :)
Your dog is about to go play with your dad and keep him company. Rejoice. I hope they liked each other :)
Your surgery will allow you to see your family, kids and grandkids (if you have them) another day. Again- where I come from "live to fight another day" is a considered a glaring, epic, success worth... living for (full circle). Besides - it appears your to-do list is not completed yet. You have more things to do before you check out. Man up :)

Hope this helps. All is relative
Alex

Last edited:

Your dad has completed his "to do list" (where I come from we believe everybody is born with such a list and upon completion God recalls us back)... he is also in a better place where nothing hurts and he can observe his loved ones as long as he wants. Next time you by "accident" spill a drink- smile. He is raising a toast :)
Your dog is about to go play with your dad and keep him company. Rejoice. I hope they liked each other :)
Your surgery will allow you to see your family, kids and grandkids (if you have them) another day. Again- where I come from "live to fight another day" is a considered a glaring epic, success worth... living for (full circle). Besides - it appears your to-do list is not completed yet. You have more things to do before you check out. Man up :)

Alex
I hear ya and I get it trust me, just that it all seems to pile up at the same damn time. The day my dad passed I was actually happy for him, I was with him when he took his last breath. That last week was just horrible and I would not wish that on anyone. As for the mutt, I do miss him yes, but I really feel worse for my daughter. She put her heart and soul into that dog, especially the last couple years when his health really took a turn for the worse.

Your surgery will allow you to see your family, kids and grandkids (if you have them) another day. Again- where I come from "live to fight another day" is a considered a glaring, epic, success worth... living for (full circle). Besides - it appears your to-do list is not completed yet. You have more things to do before you check out. Man up :)

Alex
Thank You for this post. It made even me feel better, and gave me some things to think about. Paul

You’re not whining, you’re sad and depressed. Having read your OP, I’d say it would be unhealthy not to be.

You’re not whining, you’re sad and depressed. Having read your OP, I’d say it would be unhealthy not to be.
On the upswing I think for now, hopefully the worst is behind, at least until the next batch of shit comes along lol. Setting the clocks ahead always cheers me up.

I thought my one dog was the only dog that like to eat butter.
Oh he was a hard core, he'd eat an entire stick, wax wrapper and all. I remember one day when he was about a year old one of the cats left a dead mouse in the driveway, as he was walking buy he just lapped it up with one tongue swipe and swallowed it whole lol. He was a big pizza bandit too. I didn't find out until just a couple years ago that Labs apparently lack some kind of enzyme that tells their body "hey, your full, stop eating" so they just keep eating.

Oh he was a hard core, he'd eat an entire stick, wax wrapper and all. I remember one day when he was about a year old one of the cats left a dead mouse in the driveway, as he was walking buy he just lapped it up with one tongue swipe and swallowed it whole lol. He was a big pizza bandit too. I didn't find out until just a couple years ago that Labs apparently lack some kind of enzyme that tells their body "hey, your full, stop eating" so they just keep eating.
I can relate. When I was in Highschool my Golden ate a whole pound of butter that was on the counter. I arrived in the room just in time to see her licking her chops and only a few shreds of paper left.

Back
Top Bottom