Someone willing to help parkerize & rivet?

Anyone that can help me parkerize & rivet?

I am in S. VT, and will be building an M3HB in the next month. I lack the tools to do riveting. I also don't have a park tank/burners set up - does anyone on here have such a set up (and experiance) that I could usurp? If not, do you know of anyone that offers parkerizing as a service? I know I buy all the tools, the tank and the burners, but I really don't want to as everything else is already bleeding me dry... Help will be appreciated and rewarded with beer/scotch and future shooting of the completed beast.

I suppose the location has to be in VT, NH or ME, as MA is VERY OUT for me as a VT resident...

Last edited:
I was just curious I live in mass and ran into a fella at the range who tried out my carbine in vermont last weekend..mentioned rivets doing an AK build,just wondering if you were him.Are you building an AR or AK?AR I could help with as Ill be in vermont on sat the 15th.Brownells sells parkerizing kits that dont require burners.You could also use duracoat wich is sprayed on and baked feels just like rough anodizing or parkerizing.

Last edited:
I am building an M2HB - one of these

You are more than welcome to help, having someone with additional build experience around wouldn't hurt. I am not sure about brownell's parkerizing solutions - I will still need a stainless tank I imagine. I think I have a lead on one I can borrow, and I tripped over a burner in the garage last night that might work if I use the elevated temperature stuff, but the bead blasting will remain the problem.

Karl Sokol is a gunsmith in Vermont. I believe he can parkerize, but don't know if he can handle something as big as an M2. 802-438-5732

The largest part would be the reciever box, as the barrel is pre-parked. I will call Karl, but a build would be just plain fun...

bterwilliger said:
I am building an M2HB - one of these

You are more than welcome to help, having someone with additional build experience around wouldn't hurt. I am not sure about brownell's parkerizing solutions - I will still need a stainless tank I imagine. I think I have a lead on one I can borrow, and I tripped over a burner in the garage last night that might work if I use the elevated temperature stuff, but the bead blasting will remain the problem.

That is really awesome!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom