Sons 12th Birthday!

I told my 12 year old I would get him a .22 for his Birthday, he asked me for a shotgun for trap, I was shocked. We went to Rileys last Tuesday and they had nothing. I was passing by today so I thought I'd stop in. Found a nice Winchester 190 and bought a Bushnell .22RM 4x32 scope for it. They also had a nice H&R Deluxe Topper 20ga. in Nickle that I grabbed for him. Both rifles Minus extras... $240.00. Scope was only $37.00., and 20ga ammo was pretty cheap.

Attachments

• DSCF0002.jpg
    DSCF0002.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 97
Very Cool!

What was his reaction.

David

"Oh my God!!" The .22 was a winner, he thought it was my old Marlin Model 60 and kept asking what was different. The shotgun put him over the top. I called the wife at work to tell her. After her inital reaction I explained that I spent 2/3 of one of the christmas gifts she bought him for 2 rifles, scope and ammo, and he only goes out w/ me anyway. She was good w/ it. I reminded her that I needed to pick up her new CZ Handgun also. [laugh] You gotta play the game to win. jp

"Oh my God!!" The .22 was a winner, he thought it was my old Marlin Model 60 and kept asking what was different. The shotgun put him over the top. I called the wife at work to tell her. After her inital reaction I explained that I spent 2/3 of one of the christmas gifts she bought him for 2 rifles, scope and ammo, and he only goes out w/ me anyway. She was good w/ it. I reminded her that I needed to pick up her new CZ Handgun also. [laugh] You gotta play the game to win. jp

that is so cool! that will be a wonderful memory for him later. You guys will have a great time I am sure!

I told my 12 year old I would get him a .22 for his Birthday, he asked me for a shotgun for trap, I was shocked. We went to Rileys last Tuesday and they had nothing. I was passing by today so I thought I'd stop in. Found a nice Winchester 190 and bought a Bushnell .22RM 4x32 scope for it. They also had a nice H&R Deluxe Topper 20ga. in Nickle that I grabbed for him. Both rifles Minus extras... $240.00. Scope was only $37.00., and 20ga ammo was pretty cheap.

.......And the memories you will make with your son.......PRICELESS[smile]

Back
Top Bottom