Speaking of No 4 buck

I'd definitely be down for such a meeting of shotguns, assuming I could squeeze it into my schedule . Maybe it could even happen on the non-Boston side of the state? Never been to the Lee club, but I hear good things.

I'd definitely be down for such a meeting of shotguns, assuming I could squeeze it into my schedule . Maybe it could even happen on the non-Boston side of the state? Never been to the Lee club, but I hear good things.

Lee is awesome and you are welcome here any time...It's a nice ride and a nice club...I'm trying to get a shotgun course set up on one of our three new 25-meter pistol ranges...

I would think so...When I was younger, I used to wear my uncle's match shooting jacket from the 1st Army Rifle Team to shoot a 300 Win Mag that was given to me by my old neighbor, (RIP George)...It has a thick leather patch backed by foam and it dampened the 300 WM well. I would imagine your gear had a similar effect...

We should plan a "meeting of the shotguns" sometime after all the pumpkin fever dies down...I know few, (if any) will have 3.5 HD guns, but I'd like to shoot some regular old 00 to do some comparisons. I'd like to see a mix of Mossberg, Remingtons, Winchesters, Ithacas, etc - some with recoil reducing stocks - some without. I'll have my Benelli, which is just a smooth ride. This hopefully will be a precursor to some more formal, (possibly published) testing I'm working on...I have no #4 Buck, so if anyone has some, please bring it. I'll exchange for a 3.5" Magnum 00 Buck experience... [wink]

Iffen you do set up something Mark, time permitting I would be up for this.
All of my shottys wear wood stocks. I can cover the Mossy and Ithaca department. All of my shottys are whimps though they only take 2.75 or 3" shells.

I have a NEF 10ga. single shot and that thing loaded with Federal premium 3.5" 2.25oz buffered #2 kicks like no other[grin]

I have a NEF 10ga. single shot and that thing loaded with Federal premium 3.5" 2.25oz buffered #2 kicks like no other[grin]

Good Lord[shocked]...........And I thought it couldn't get worse than a NEF 12 ga. Topper.....

Yeah it's a real hoot to shoot..once. [grin]

I've seen it draw blood on the hands of several of my friends. They get all tight, and the trigger guard or front swivel gets them as the gun goes back 6 inches anyway. I try to warn them, telling them to absorb it rather than fight it but they get scared and do it anyway.
The first day I got it, as a friend of mine took his first shot, his hand slides up over the breakdown lever, opening then the gun, and the spent shell is ejected into his forehead. I was [rofl].

Now that I've hijacked NS's thread, (sorry NS), I will file the following post Pumpkin Blast report: I fired 10 3.5" Magnum 18-pellet 00-Buck, about 8 3.5" Magnum BB loads, (thanks tele_mark), scores of 2 3/4 00-Buck, (thanks drgrant), two boxes of Brenneke KO's and God knows how many of HardJeepGuys Remington Sluggers, (you rule Jamie). Result: Lots of fun and zero bruise and my shoulder is just dandy. I think my hype about the Benelli SuperNova tactical being the most efficient and softest recoiling pump shotgun available out of the box were confirmed by the dozen or so people who also fired it...

Never did shoot any #4 buck, but the 3.5" Magnum 00 trumps #4 Buck any day of the week....[wink]

Now that I've hijacked NS's thread, (sorry NS), I will file the following post Pumpkin Blast report: I fired 10 3.5" Magnum 18-pellet 00-Buck, about 8 3.5" Magnum BB loads, (thanks tele_mark), scores of 2 3/4 00-Buck, (thanks drgrant), two boxes of Brenneke KO's and God knows how many of HardJeepGuys Remington Sluggers, (you rule Jamie). Result: Lots of fun and zero bruise and my shoulder is just dandy. I think my hype about the Benelli SuperNova tactical being the most efficient and softest recoiling pump shotgun available out of the box were confirmed by the dozen or so people who also fired it...

Never did shoot any #4 buck, but the 3.5" Magnum 00 trumps #4 Buck any day of the week....[wink]

You're welcome, as always. What's mine is yours. I brought 150 slugs, 100 00 buck, and an assortment of 3" magnums and went home with none. Shoulder is fine. I will say however that the 3 1/2" mags that Mark brought will get your attention quickly.[smile]

Folks, I can confirm all the hype about the Benelli. Between the group of folks at the shoot we had at least 20 different 12 gauge shotguns that I personally fired. Nothing came close to the Benelli as far as felt recoil, not even my Remmy 11-87, which I consider to be one of the softest recoiling stock shotguns out there. The Benelli (a pump) had less recoil than the 11-87 (a semi-auto). I don't know why, nor do I care. All I know is I now covet a Benelli SNT![grin]

#4 Buck

Where is the best place (best price) to purchase #4 Buck? I was at Four Seasons today and the gentleman I spoke with behind the counter said they typically don't carry #4 Buck.

Thanks

Where is the best place (best price) to purchase #4 Buck? I was at Four Seasons today and the gentleman I spoke with behind the counter said they typically don't carry #4 Buck.

Thanks

I got a 25 round box of Estate #4 shells at Cabellas for ~$10. Other than that, I havent seen much #4 buck outside of 20 gauge shells.

Back
Top Bottom