• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Special Forces soldier to receive MOH.

Andy in NH

NES Life Member
NES Member
Active-Duty Green Beret to Receive Medal of Honor for Heroic Afghanistan Rescue
The White House announced today that President Trump will award the nation's highest award for valor to a Green Beret for risking his life under intense enemy fire to rescue wounded Special Forces soldiers during a 2008 joint raid with U.S. troops and Afghan commandos.
In an Oct. 30 ceremony, Trump will present the Medal of Honor to Master Sgt. Matthew Williams, who served as a weapons sergeant in Special Forces Operational Detachment Alpha 3336 during the April 6, 2008 operation, according to a White House news release.
The award is an upgrade for Williams; he was previously presented the Silver Star, the nation's third-highest combat award, for his heroism. His medal is being upgraded as part of a Pentagon-wide review of valor medals awarded after Sept. 11, 2001, officials said.

There's a tomb for that - I think of the "Countless" when I visit there. I'd like to think any real leader would visit and contemplate for motivation. I doubt many elected officials do.

No, they do.

To place a wreath.

For the cameras.

No, they do.

To place a wreath.

For the cameras.

Sadly, you're most correct - I'd really like to read of someone visiting at night to watch and think. No rumors or other stories from protective services have surfaced...
Given the hours of operation, I would bet that anyone with the wherewithal to arrange am off hours visit could do so easily...

They aren't "Leaders", they are "elected officials".

Back
Top Bottom