Springfield Gun Show at the BIG E

got home from work last night, so im going. ill be wearing a woodland ECWS jacket and a black baseball cap

I will probably see you there with my GF, look for me and a tall bored and annoyed looking brunette lol

Hehe, changed my mind. We aren't going after all. It's a 2 hour drive for me. I'll wait and go to Mahhburrah again instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aww com'mon, the scenery along the pike is lovely this time of year [laugh]

Lots of holsters (new and vintage), lots of guns, lots of people walking around. Didn't go to the ammo tent. It looked like most of the gun vendors were very busy filling in 4473's. Some stuff seemed pricey; WASRs at $600+, SKS's in the mid $300's. Used carbine buffer for $15. There may be a few bargains tomorrow.

Buyer beware: saw a few tables selling postban hicap mags (AFAIK P-Mags weren't made prior to '94), double edged knives and other things that can jam up an unsuspecting buyer. Know what you're looking at before making the purchase! Also, next time around I need to come up with a scavenger list. I found the toy car and the toenail clippers but not the 1970's Playboys.

I picked up a couple ammo cans and a few small parts, really didn't need too much else.

The show was packed this morning.... tough to get in and look at the tables. Looked at a M38 for $95.00( thanks breslau), but didn't pull the pin...Ended up not getting anything.

Nice meeting Breslau and Turbo38gn! And thanks to Kiver for the ride!

Yes sir, good meeting Big Duke, Ed and Joe,,,, missed On The Road - Markie mark... I had lots of fun, bought lots of little goo gads, the display toward the back middle rows has a display where the hubby and wife make all kinds of gun bags, mag holders, just nice cheap, made in AMERICA stuff!! Bought a beautiful made for my S2000 keltec bag, some magazine holders and slings. Picked up an AMD 65 complete parts kit with receiver and 16" nw CL barrel from Pete's ...

Good time today. Nice meeting turbo38 and Big Duke. Talked a bit with Jim from GOAL. Ran into Radio and we had an interesting chat with the ATF. Bought a T shirt and a flag. With the exception of the M38 not too many deals to be found.

if its the same $95 m38 i was holding, it was a hackjob, somebody put some sporterized front sight from a remmy 700 or something on it. i was so close to buying it when i first saw it, i thought it was a real m38, but i talked the guy selling it and he said it was an inch shorter than an m38 was supposed to be, plus that front sight didnt add up so i walked. woulda been a fun plinker but idk.

Last edited:
Yeah it was a mobscene. I was in the ammo tent at 1 and there was not much left on the bulk pallets

I was going to go there today while my wife visited her grandparents with our kids right down the road. Maybe I won't bother, if they have nothing.

EDIT: I hope kids are welcome. Plans with my wife's grandparents got cancelled, so looks like we might all be going. Oh boy.

Last edited:
Mob-scene

No good deals

No bulk ammo

Postban hicap mags

Why do I want to go again?
Don't get me wrong; it's still great to walk around and look at all the stuff (and some interesting people) and it's never too soon to get the kids into the environment...if you weren't already out $15 parking/admission before you get through the door.

Had a good time. Saw a bunch of stuff, that I didn't want. I did see the guys from Gadsden and Culpeper which was pretty cool. Bought a few things from them. Case of 9mm Federal was $230 I think, but I drove back to Worcester SuperCenter on Rte 146, and I bought 1,000 of Federal for like $210 I think. With the 100 round bulk packs. But the first show I went to was still cool.

My kids had fun, and my wife and I noticed what appeared to be 2 hookers walking around in painted on jeans and boots with no apparent reason for being there. Maybe looking for a husband or a date at a gun show?? Very weird. [laugh]

Had a good time. Saw a bunch of stuff, that I didn't want. I did see the guys from Gadsden and Culpeper which was pretty cool. Bought a few things from them. Case of 9mm Federal was $230 I think, but I drove back to Worcester SuperCenter on Rte 146, and I bought 1,000 of Federal for like $210 I think. With the 100 round bulk packs. But the first show I went to was still cool.

My kids had fun, and my wife and I noticed what appeared to be 2 hookers walking around in painted on jeans and boots with no apparent reason for being there. Maybe looking for a husband or a date at a gun show?? Very weird. [laugh]

I saw the two hot women I think you were referring too. I had to work the show so when women that hot show up its much better than looking at people with screaming kids in tow who cant afford to buy anything. At least some eye candy is nice once in awhile. I mean come on some of the women there could have passed as big foot.[shocked]

I also saw BIG Jim Wallace from GOAL. Had a good day up to that point.

Show was super busy, folks seem to be buying, Wilmington was the same.

Saw some fellow NES folks, we had a few laughs. Had two baby faced kids with beers in their hands tell me that threaded barrels are illegal in Ma and said that there were way to many illegal mags for sale. I thanked them for their expert advise and then asked if they felt compelled to walk around the show with beers in their hands walking from dealer to dealer informing us of who had what they believe to be illegal items. They then looked at each other giggled and said its cool to see the reaction of the dealers.
God help me!

Last edited:
I saw the two hot women I think you were referring too. I had to work the show so when women that hot show up its much better than looking at people with screaming kids in tow who cant afford to buy anything. At least some eye candy is nice once in awhile. I mean come on some of the women there could have passed as big foot.[shocked]

[laugh] Yeah, it was just weird. They weren't with anyone, and I highly doubt they were there to buy guns or anything else. Maybe I am wrong, but it seemed as though they we're just walking around to strut their stuff. They weren't bad looking, we just thought it was a little weird. 1 had brown hair, and the other had blonde. They we're both pretty tall. So, I am sure is was the same women, they we're hard to miss. [laugh]

My wife hung out in the back with the kids down by the safes or up by the food for the 2 hours I was there, to keep our daughters out of the way. But the guys at the Gadsden booth we're nice to my 4 year old and gave her a couple of free stickers. She was ecstatic, even though she didn't really know what kind of stickers. [smile]

What booth we're you at? I thought I would maybe run into a couple from NES but I didn't see anyone and no one saw me. then again, I only know a couple people from NES.

Last edited:
My son and I got there about 10. Fair crowd not much more. Except around Pete's Guns (? I think). THAT was a mob. The ammo tent was pretty sparse, nothing I really wanted. Got a nice hat from Gadsden and Culpeper and picked up a rifle bag from a guy over near the far wall. It was built like a drag bag but I wanted a larger bag so we'll see how this works.

The thing that really made it worthwhile was that I got in for free. WHYN had some tickets they were giving away this past week so I listened carefully on Wednesday and managed to call in when they offered them. Have to remember to see if they do it again in June.

My son and I got there about 10. Fair crowd not much more. Except around Pete's Guns (? I think). THAT was a mob. The ammo tent was pretty sparse, nothing I really wanted. Got a nice hat from Gadsden and Culpeper and picked up a rifle bag from a guy over near the far wall. It was built like a drag bag but I wanted a larger bag so we'll see how this works.

Yeah, I noticed Pete's Guns mobbed for the whole 2 hours I was there. There was a couple Vaquero's I finally got to look at, and a couple of Super Blackhawk's. But they we're to beat up for the prices they we're asking.

Did you guys see the 2 women walking around?? [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom