• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Springfield police commissioner resigns after house raided by police, son arrested on drug, gun charges

Any way to see these articles without signing up with masslive? Looks like her son is a wonderful law abiding youth-arrested after being "run over" in a parking lot and shooting at the car. There is a news article about several drive by shootings (3 in 5 months) at her house. There is much more to this story.

Edit: Tried clearing cookies and web cache but was unsuccessful-that was with a Globe article. Found this online to use to bypass the Paywalls, seems to work well so far.

Last edited:
Who the f*** made her commissioner ??
She was not the sole commissioner. She was appointed to the board of commissioners on July 13 2023 by Mayor Dominic Sarno.
Based on her CV she appears to be some kind of a "diversity hire". She had no prior experience with law enforcement.

Sarno fought it. The Commission has civilians overseeing law enforcement.

She was not the sole commissioner. She was appointed to the board of commissioners on July 13 2023 by Mayor Dominic Sarno.
Based on her CV she appears to be some kind of a "diversity hire". She had no prior experience with law enforcement.
I read an article that the people on this board don't have to have any Leo experience at all. They are supposed to be there for citizens oversight of the police. They have the authority to investigate any misconduct they feel is necessary to look into. They are appointed by the mayor.

In trying to find out where he lived on Seymour Ave (I grew up around there so I was curious) I found that this guy has been arrested at least a couple of times before. Maybe it was mentioned in the article, but I couldn't read the whole thing.

Wait, so: The son of a police commissioner was arrested for cocaine, heroin, and illegal firearms (an AR-15) and she then resigned?
Why oh why did she ever resign?
I thought this is exactly what they want? (ie total destruction of this country)
She should stay in, fight the power, so we can have more cocaine, heroin and illegal firearms!!
I can't believe anyone thinks this is wrong and she should resign!
Defund the Police! Cops are bad! They're out to get us!
🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡

step back. it's not the Police Commissioner, it's a civilian who was appointed to the 'Police Commissioner's disciplinary board "

WWLP with part of the story

The following qualifications must be met:

• Be a resident of the City of Springfield, and remain a resident at all times while serving as a member of the Board
  • Be a person of integrity
  • Be a person specially fitted by education, training or experience to perform the duties of a member of the Board
  • Be willing to commit sufficient time to serving on the Board, including attending regular monthly meetings, and additional meetings and hearings which may take place during the day or in the evening
  • Represent a diverse cross-section of the Springfield community
  • For former members of the Police Department: At any given time, no more than two (2) members of the Board can be former members of the Springfield Police Department. Former members must be separated from employment for at least two (2) years before being eligible to serve on the Board.

Back
Top Bottom