• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Springfield street violence: 'Don't blame the police when Pookie gets shot

[h=1]Springfield street violence: 'Don't blame the police when Pookie gets shot and you knew the kind of life he was living,' says Rev. Talbert Swan[/h]

15138356-mmmain.jpg

SPRINGFIELD — Blame for the recent violence that's swept through Springfield lies in the hands of the young men committing the crimes – and those who tacitly abet them – not the law enforcement officials and religious leaders trying to keep the peace, according to the Rev. Talbert W. Swan II, president of the Greater Springfield NAACP and pastor of Spring of Hope Church.
"Don't blame the police, you know, when Pookie gets shot and you knew the kind of life Pookie was living, and you knew the path that Pookie was on and you never addressed it with Pookie," Swan said during Monday's broadcast of his weekly radio program, "The Spoken Word" (video below).

more

If he was consistent with his logic he would have added gun owners to that list. I admit I only read summary so far though....

Pookie is what my mom and gramma called me when i was a little rot.
mom still calls me pookie occasionally.

i like the message, kinda sad that it needs to be said at all, though.

this is the first time i have ever agreed with rev swan.... the shinola must be hitting really close to his house for his eyes to finally open enough to actually advocate for personal responsibly and for stopping the "stop snitching" bs prevalent with the people he preaches to.

Back
Top Bottom