Stack On cabinet - possible to copy keys or replace lock?

MetalgodZ

NES Member
I purchased one of the standard green, flimsy Stack On cabinets, and seem to have lost my receipt.

Home Depot and Lowes don't have blanks for the keys, and Stack On absolutely will not provide additional keys without the receipt for original purchase.

Anyone have any experience with this, and know if/where I can get the keys copied, or if/how I can replace the lock in the cabinet?

Last edited:
Where are you located? I installed a combination on mine. Works great! Easy to do and easy to use. PM me for more info.

I purchased one of the standard green, flimsy Stack On cabinets, and seem to have lost my receipt.

Home Depot and Lowes don't have blanks for the keys, and Stack On absolutely will not provide additional keys without the receipt for original purchase.

Anyone have any experience with this, and know if/where I can get the keys copied, or if/how I can replace the lock in the cabinet?

Stack on may send you new locks and you could take the old ones out.

there's supposed to be a number on the back with the key code to order from Stack-on according to my book when I bought mine.

Stack on may send you new locks and you could take the old ones out.
If they won't send me the keys, it's unlikely that they'll send me a lock, but I'll ask.
there's supposed to be a number on the back with the key code to order from Stack-on according to my book when I bought mine.
There is...and it's required in addition to the original bill of sale. [sad2]
Or try taking the keys to a locksmith and see if they have more luck than the big stores...
I'll probably try that, or I may yet take MassHack up on his offer to show me how to convert it to a combo lock.

Back
Top Bottom