• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Whats NESs opinion on Hexmags?

I have a bunch. Only have used a few of them for super light use. No problems so far.

I've noticed they are still going super cheap at $9 a mag.... seems incredibly cheap...is there an issue?

I grabbed a couple. Haven’t had any issues with them personally. I have also lent them out to a friend and he didn’t have any issues with them either.

If thats all you can afford, they're fine. Next question is are you just using them at the range, or are you putting them into a bugout bag? It depends on what you are going to use them for. I personally have a lot of magpuls. They're not that much more expensive.

If thats all you can afford, they're fine. Next question is are you just using them at the range, or are you putting them into a bugout bag? It depends on what you are going to use them for. I personally have a lot of magpuls. They're not that much more expensive.
I just use them for the range. I have plenty of pmags also.

if i might ask, what's wrong with the hexmag? the low price? they're made in some faraway place we don't like? what then? you guys didn't buy them off of wish.com, did you?

I prefer US-made Magpul, but have some 10-round Hexmags and they work fine.

For obvious reasons, it’s good practice to be able to immediately visually discern a 30-round mag (e.g Pmag) from a 10-round mag (e.g. Hex).

Not that I would ever have a need for such things in Massachusetts…

I remember when magpul came out. They were plastic so no one wanted them, they weren't going to last etc. Years later, the marines adopted magpul. Now they're regarded as some of the best out there.

Back
Top Bottom