Starting IDPA - looking for advice

IDPA is very beginner friendly. there is no reason you can't show up with what you have. I just shot my first USPSA comp with a IWB holster...is that ideal for USPSA? Nope, but it worked fine. I actually took third. My advice would be to go to the class or your first match with what you have (IWB, etc) and then see what everyone else has...maybe even try them out. Then you will be able to make a decision.
FWIW, I use a comp-tac IWB holster with a HK P30L. I also just got a blade tech paddle holster for it. I am much faster with my IWB at this point since I have drawn from it thousands of times. With time the paddle holster will be a bit faster...just need a lot of practice.
Both comp-tac and blade tech make very nice holsters but both have a wait list at this point.

good luck, be safe.

Got it DONE

OMG That was totally AWESOME [grin][grin][grin]

I may feel like I just went through an IDPA boot camp - but two days and 300 rounds later, I had a freakin blast.

I'm hooked.

(note to self...cargo shorts = bad [laugh])

That looks great. Not sure on this Sunday, I think I have a conflict. However, it's great to see that you offer the practices.

Update

Shot in my first match. It was alot of fun. This was the first stage I shot "union negotations" [grin] Start off on the phone, then hang up and go for your gun in the briefcase [smile]

Was happy to get through the first one without hearing from an RSO or getting DQ'd [wink]

Attachments

• Union2.jpg
    Union2.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Union1.jpg
    Union1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom