• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Student banned from Quincy middle school after showing off gun

“I am shocked and saddened that this student’s dangerous actions jeopardized their own health and well-being and those of their classmates and school staff,” Mulvey wrote in a letter to the school community. “The student will face serious disciplinary consequences for their action and will not return to Central Middle School.”

Oh shut up, Karen! There was no danger, the gun was unloaded!

Every time we hear of things like this, we need to react with overstated indifference. Who GAF if a kid brings an unloaded gun to school to show his friends? Should have been part of show and tell, and he could have incorporated gun safety while he was at it.

Keeping kids away from guns guarantees they have no idea how to handle one, and leads to tragedies. Which is exactly what these ass clown school administrators want.

I'm interested in what it was: was it something cool like an old Colt? Or was it common crap like a Glock? If it was worth showing off, maybe applaud the kid for not being a sissy.

Every time we hear of things like this, we need to react with overstated indifference. Who GAF if a kid brings an unloaded gun to school to show his friends? Should have been part of show and tell, and he could have incorporated gun safety while he was at it.

Keeping kids away from guns guarantees they have no idea how to handle one, and leads to tragedies. Which is exactly what these ass clown school administrators want.

I'm interested in what it was: was it something cool like an old Colt? Or was it common crap like a Glock? If it was worth showing off, maybe applaud the kid for not being a sissy.
C’mon, dude. As parents, we should be able to introduce our kids to guns and gun safety at our discretion, not that of little Joey’s dad who apparently didn’t.

Nope. Kids shouldn't bring guns to school, even if unloaded. He's lucky the cops didn't arrive, freak the f*** out, and shoot him.

I blame the parents, and agree they might oughta have their LTC suspended if not revoked outright.

I don’t think everyone is getting my point. I’m saying we should be as vocal to normalize kids having guns as the Karen’s do opposing it. Ok, maybe my kids are weird that they were trustable with guns at a too early age. But let’s not join the freak out bandwagon.
Yes, it’s more likely the parent was an idiot. But there’s a better possibility that the kid was showing off something cool than the gun shooting by itself.
Do what you want. I’m not getting hysterical over normal kid behavior.

I don’t think everyone is getting my point. I’m saying we should be as vocal to normalize kids having guns as the Karen’s do opposing it. Ok, maybe my kids are weird that they were trustable with guns at a too early age. But let’s not join the freak out bandwagon.
Yes, it’s more likely the parent was an idiot. But there’s a better possibility that the kid was showing off something cool than the gun shooting by itself.
Do what you want. I’m not getting hysterical over normal kid behavior.
No one is freaking out. Hoodrats and mentally ill adjusted kids taking their parents guns leads to people getting shot in school. The Norman Rockwell version of America that you have in your head no longer exists.

Story says “The gun belonged to a parent and the student was able to access the unsecured firearm and bring it to school”.
Guess that parent is going to lose their LTC?
‘Shocked’: Student banned from Quincy middle school after showing off gun, superintendent says
‘Shocked’: Student won’t return to Quincy middle school after showing off gun, superintendent says
Parent got charged today and all guns in home seized (LTC status pending QPD). *Reckless behavior causing risk to child and *Improperly storage of a firearm.

Some of you here are actually defending and applauding a child wandering into a school with a gun. So so stupid.
scan the posts again. it's one person doing it. and he thinks it's the 90s or before and has the old makeup of new england in mind. when i was in high school, it was an "oops" if someone drove their dad's truck to work and it has a gun in it. they'd drive home, drop it off, come back. there were also stable families, less government encouragement of whores having kids, fewer kids walking around with a half a pharmacy in their bloodstream

As a practical matter it doesn't matter if the gun was loaded, dangerous, locked, safely handled or what. Neither you nor I will ever live long enough for a kid to casually (and innocently) take a gun to school (as they did for centuries since they were invented) without getting into serious trouble.

So regardless of any idiotic law or panty clutching by libs, if you have kids, keep your stuff safe from them. If you do allow the kids to handle your guns, make certain they know never, ever to take them without your permission and knowledge.

You normalize guns by treating them appropriately as useful, even fun, but potentially dangerous tools. I didn't let my son play with the machete until he was FOUR, for God's sake. He was six before he was allowed to play cowboys and indians with the .38 (I gave him blanks, relax).

This kid shouldn't have had the opportunity to bring the gun to school, but on the basis of the paragraph or two of the article I read, the response is stupid over the top. He showed a couple kids this cool thing, he wasn't stalking the halls looking for target rich environments. He was probably shocked when anyone got upset.

scan the posts again. it's one person doing it. and he thinks it's the 90s or before and has the old makeup of new england in mind. when i was in high school, it was an "oops" if someone drove their dad's truck to work and it has a gun in it. they'd drive home, drop it off, come back. there were also stable families, less government encouragement of whores having kids, fewer kids walking around with a half a pharmacy in their bloodstream
The 90s... no, it was more than an oops then. High Schoolers in the 70s, maybe early-early 80s with a gun in the car, sure. Especially in more rural areas. Quincy Mass? You'd have to go back to the 60s or 70s not to cause a Ruckus™️.

The rest of what you said though, yes.

I do remember my high school did a shakedown once in a while. We'd arrive, get searched (just a pat down, no stripping or xray machines) and any contraband they'd hold onto until the end of the day and they gave it all back to us. The first time they did that, we wondered if they would really give the stuff back, but I think they were really just looking for an estimate of the number of weapons in the school on a given day. (It was a rough neighborhood)

Even THERE they never found any guns, mostly knives, knuckles, saps, a little booze and weed.

Hate to see what would happen today at the school my wife used to teach at in Central Maine. One of the fundraisers she held was a hunters breakfast.

We cooked in the school kitchen and hunters ate in school cafeteria. The hunters would bring their guns into the cafeteria to show each other what they were hunting with.

Now if that happened the Gov. would probably call out the National Guard.

Of course that was 40 years ago.

1686936513071.png

The 90s... no, it was more than an oops then. High Schoolers in the 70s, maybe early-early 80s with a gun in the car, sure. Especially in more rural areas. Quincy Mass? You'd have to go back to the 60s or 70s not to cause a Ruckus™️.

I do remember my high school did a shakedown once in a while. We'd arrive, get searched (just a pat down, no stripping or xray machines) and any contraband they'd hold onto until the end of the day and they gave it all back to us. The first time they did that, we wondered if they would really give the stuff back, but I think they were really just looking for an estimate of the number of weapons in the school on a given day. (It was a rough neighborhood)

Even THERE they never found any guns, mostly knives, knuckles, saps, a little booze and weed.
I went to high school in the 90s, but northern new england and away from a city. We didn't have pat downs. Someone bringing in a handgun would have been an issue, but forgetting a shotgun or a rifle in the back of the truck was a "oh crap, I need to turn around". I remember one time a classmate was called to the principals office because a teacher spotted a hunting rifle in his truck's rear window rack. He was back in school a few hours later. A knife would have also been an issue because back in those days, common sense was applied to separate mistakes from intent.

Dude, this is Massachusetts. Glocks are like unicorns and demand a high premium. Just look on the classifieds.
Well, a premium, anyway. Obviously your first-hand stolen guns are going to have fewer glocks, but I assume felons sometimes buy guns from other bad guys, who got it from God knows where. I wonder if the premium exists in that market.

Atlantic Junior High had a range in the basement back in he 70s.

Actually, I’m thinking about it serious and my world isn’t so far from Norman Rockwell as you’d think.
The kids here routinely bring knives to school, as it’s just part of what they wear. No one says anything. Switchblades are against the rules, but no one checks. Guns are forbidden, but I don’t think an honest mistake, or hunting season rule breaking, of gun in truck, would be a huge deal. Remember, there’s no law in NH against kids carrying. A trend in the high school was wearing an empty holster for a while.
All the kids I know have “their” guns, and they’re in the kids room, except for one kid who gets made fun of.
My kids know the deal. Tom, Bill and Sally are fine to come over anytime, no problem. Doug, Jim and Cindy are retards, so lock up the guns and knives before they come over.
We’ve got our share of meth heads and white trash, but it’s not a very diverse area. That may be why I hear of a kid bringing a gun to school and think “show and tell” first instead of gang activity.

Back
Top Bottom