Supplies?

Ok Folks, Where are you guys getting your reloading supplies? Powder, primers, tumbling media and so forth?

I'm sure some places are better stocked than others. Please let me in on the places to check out and the places to pass by. I'm down on the south shore of Mass

Thanks.

Suggestion. Get a C&R FFL. Then you'll find you can mail order supplies from places that won't normally ship to Mass. Once you have the C&R, I'll give you the info on the places.

Northeast Trading in North Attleboro has a lot of supplies. As does Greg at Power Keg in Mansfield. I've also picked up powder at M&M's in Plymouth.

You can also check out Bullseye Shooting Supplies in Woonsocket I belive.

I get my bullets if I'm not in a hurry direct. You can PM me if you want the name of the place. But it takes about three weeks to get the heads direct. But it's worth the wait if you're not in a hurry.

But you can get 1000 lead heads for just a few bucks more than you'll get 500 in local shops. And they don't charge Shipping.

Best deal I can get on powder and primers is from Biekirk (sp?) in NY. A local club does a group buy a couple times a year and it works out real well.

5000 Federal Large Pistol Primers $70// 8# Tightgroup Powder $100 No freight, no haz mat. These were last buy about November.

Regards,

Different Places...

I like Kens Reloading in Manchester for Powder and Lead Bullets. I have a SIG that hates truncated cone bullets. Ken sells a 180gr 10mm bullet that is nice and round. I use it for my .40sw sig and all is well.

http://www.kensammoandreloading.com/wmb.html

Carls in Woburn for misc.
Dillon and Midway for parts/stuff.
Our monthly pistol class for once used factory brass.

Primers I've purchased just about everywhere. I stick to CCI.

Mike
(Darn, I miss reloading. I move about a year ago and haven't re setup my bench...)

See thats just it. I havent done any reloading in 13 years. Everyplace I used back then is now gone. I am setting up my 550 this weekend. I'll try out some of those places for powder and Primers. I'll buy my jacketed bullets online.

Thanks everyone for you suggestions.

Four Seasons had a sale on their bullets (plated) over Thanksgiving that made it cheaper than ordering mail-order. I think there may still be a 10% discount on them, check their website to see if this is still true. www.fsguns.com

Shipping costs have always stopped me in my tracks.

For Primers and Powder you have hazmat.
For lead you have.... The weight of lead.

That's why finding a good local place is so helpful.

I never found a good place for jacketed bullets. At the time Carl was only selling the 100rd bags of jacketed bullets. Not good when I was loading 1 - 2000 at a time.

Mike,

He has boxes of 500 jacketed/plated bullets in stock. Not sure if he'll still carry them after he sells all this stock, as he mentioned to me that he has to order an ungodly amount to get a good price on the order.

Round Gun Shooter said:
Best deal I can get on powder and primers is from Biekirk (sp?) in NY. A local club does a group buy a couple times a year and it works out real well.

5000 Federal Large Pistol Primers $70// 8# Tightgroup Powder $100 No freight, no haz mat. These were last buy about November.

Regards,
Hanson Rod and Gun club buys from this company as well. My last order was 20K of WLP primers for $283.80 and 8# Tightgroup for $87. This was when they had the sale back this past summer. Looks like their prices went up when gas prices rose. My wife and I just received our packet in the mail for our C&R FFL 's. You can REALLY save alot of money on components with the C&R. It'll pay for itself on my first bulk bullet order. 8)

Len,

Want to volunteer part of your garage/shed/dry basement for as a foster home for my bench and an XL650? You can use it all ya want if I can come over and use it.

Funny, Most people seem to get into reloading to "save" money. I don't think anyone has ever saved a dime reloading. Ya either shoot more or you shoot better. I found that it improved my shooting overall, as I knew much more about the cartridges I was feeding my guns. They weren't some factory "food" they became a product of patience, knowledge and love.

Mike

Mike, after recently installing a new oil burner which seems to take up 1/2 the room, I don't have much room to turn around in my workshop. Currently there are 3 loaders permanently bolted to the bench (MEC 650, Lyman <?> All-American and Dillon 450B) and I have a brand new Dillon 650 to add, but doubt that I"ll have room to add it without removing one (likely the Dillon 450B). Currently the benches are still loaded with tools and stuff that makes reloading an impossibility, but it is on my long "to do" list.

Reloading Supplies

I have been getting my jacketed bullets from

Thunder Mountain - The Bullet Guy
They were as cheap as pulled mil. surplus and works great in my M-1 and Ar's for everyday shooting.

https://www.thebulletguy.com

I've picked up bulk surplus powder from Bartlett or Pat's Reloading for these loads. It is onlt worth it when you get a group order together for at least four 8lb jugs of powder. Primers are decently priced through these people also. [shock]

Nickle,

Possibly not! I bought it a very long time ago, set it up on the bench and pretty much quit shooting (except PD quals) for a very long time. Not one round has been manufactured with that 450B. :(

I know that I have multiple shell plates for it but until I sort everything out, I have no idea precisely what I have with it. Based on what I was shooting at the time it is likely to have most/all of the following setups: .380ACP, .38SP/.357Mag, 9mm, .45ACP and perhaps .44Mag.

If I decide to sell it, you'll see it here first. [wink]

Glen Sorenson lives down in Mass. somewhere. He does a lot of the gun shows in ME, NH, MA. He is who I usually buy powder, primers, and bullets from. Good prices.

Powder

I just received an email stating that Midway now sells powder. They handle all the brands. Shipping and hazmat is the same as all the other delaers.... [shock]

I just rechecked the prices, using my discount. Man, are they steep. Dealers get a tiny break on 2 or 3 brands, no break on the rest. $126 for H4895, and shipping and Haz-Mat on top of that? I can easily beat that elsewhere.

Suddenly no longer able to order supplies (primarily bulk jacketed slugs) by mail, I just took a trip up to Riley's. (60 miles from Arlington.) They had everything I wanted but one item; that was something they normally stock and just happened to be out of, and the guy offered to take my name and call me when a new supply came it.

Back
Top Bottom