• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Suppressor on an Izzy brake?

So want to get a Suppressor, but my AR was bought in ma, so has pinned/welded izzy brake. Is there a mount that can work with that? I see things like the QD stuff from AAC.

Is is possible to get the thing unpinned/unwelded off? (by a professional, of course)

Or should I just buy a new upper with actual exposed threads?
Thanks.

So want to get a Suppressor, but my AR was bought in ma, so has pinned/welded izzy brake. Is there a mount that can work with that? I see things like the QD stuff from AAC.

Is is possible to get the thing unpinned/unwelded off? (by a professional, of course)

Thanks.

If you know where the pin is, you can grind a flat directly over it with an angle grinder, hit the flat with a punch, then drill it out. It's not that hard to do, but you can certainly pay someone else to do it. I would like to think anyone that can pin a barrel can remove a pin, too, so it shouldn't be hard to find someone able. Any competent machinist or metalworker would have an easy time with such a job.

Thanks.

Most QD cans require manufacturer specific mounts, like AAC's 51 tooth devices for instance. I don't know much about this izzy brake, but if it has the same dimensions and notches at the base as an A2 flash hider, you maybe able to use a can that attaches to the A2's, such as Gemtech Halo.

Honestly, I would pick the can you want and go from there. The suppressor market is amazing today, and there are many options that give you awesome flexibility. You can send the barrel off to a smith to remove the brake, but for not much more you can probably just buy a new barrel and start fresh with the proper device for the can you pick.

Last edited:
I ended up with th Sig SRD762. In 6-9 months......So I basically decided to buy a new upper or rifle.

Want to run both suppressed and unsuppressed, so was thinking 16" barrel, but with midlength gas system(vs carbine). Any thoughts on best gas system? Does it matter? Do you get less blowback from a midlength vs a carbine when running with a suppressor? Thanks.

I ended up with th Sig SRD762. In 6-9 months......So I basically decided to buy a new upper or rifle.

Want to run both suppressed and unsuppressed, so was thinking 16" barrel, but with midlength gas system(vs carbine). Any thoughts on best gas system? Does it matter? Do you get less blowback from a midlength vs a carbine when running with a suppressor? Thanks.

Don't over think it, if you are using 5.56 ammo and milspec configurations on the rifle, it will work fine. I have shot my can on mids, carbines, and rifles, they all all blow shit back in your face.

Don't over think it, if you are using 5.56 ammo and milspec configurations on the rifle, it will work fine. I have shot my can on mids, carbines, and rifles, they all all blow shit back in your face.

Thanks. I am thinking about the windham weaponry SRC, or an RRA (I own a windham bushmaster and an RRA PP)

The ATF charged my CC today! I'll be getting that suppressor any day now! [grin][smile][party]

Ummm.....Why are you all giving me that strange look? It's not like its going to take months and months......[hmmm]........[shocked].......... [crying]

Back
Top Bottom