• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Supreme Court - NYSRPA v. Bruen - Megathread

Democrats controlled Virginia completely in 2021. If they could rig votes, they would have rigged VA.
They tried by asking the DOJ to harass parents protesting CRT and sex ed and arresting parents. They blew it because they overreached as usual and Fox picked up the story and ran with it. They exposed themselves as anti-free speech fascists and the voters responded.

I'm wondering if NY and other scumbag states flipping the bird at SCotUS might encourage the court to take up some of these other cases to reinforce WE MEANT WHAT WE JUST SAID

The NJ acting AG said he’s going to issue guidance that the NJ good cause requirement is no longer legal. He sounds like he’s going to be reasonable. @2Aupdates on Twitter posted a lot of the whining yesterday. A LOT of NY state senators and the governor etc were livid and I’d be surprised if they respect the decision in any way. I think the two most likely to do everything they can to oppose NYSRPA are Hawaii and NY with Ca close behind.

Because there is a legit 6 judge conservative majority and the rulings and future cases are not reliant upon the whims of Kennedy in a 5-4 court, the court will protect the ruling. We’ll know more with what the court does with the pending certs for 2 mag limit cases, an AWB and an open carry from Hawaii. Do they take one of those or send them back to lower courts with instructions.

Charlie Faker was asked on the news today what the ramifications are of the Bruen case. His reply, " Nothing has changed or is going to change in the near future!"
Charlie can talk all he wants, until the lawsuits start to roll in, in the current future, and then his near future has arrived.
On a state level, he’s not necessarily wrong…in the short run. The biggest changes that need to be made are town to town. “Red” towns better change their policies, or seriously lawyer up. They are about to be swarmed with requests for unrestricted LTCs.

The new Liberal battle cry seems to be it's a "Trump/McConnell" Court. Like I said, the ghost of Donald Trump will torture the Libs for years to come. If the Court decides in favor of the HS football coach and school prayer they'll totally lose their minds. Be prepared for a violent night tonight, keep your powder dry.
I like to call it the Harry Reid court. Thanks for nuking the filibuster on court appointments!

How high can the regulatory bar be raised for a carry permit? The Supreme Court might need to clarify if states like New York respond to Bruen by demanding a $5,000 fee and 1,000 hours of training. For now it’s enough that six Justices agree: States can’t tell Americans who fear for their safety that there’s no legal way they can carry a weapon for defense."

Footnote 9:
"That said, because any permitting scheme can be put toward abusive ends, we do not rule out constitutional challenges to shall-issue regimes where, for example, lengthy wait times in processing license applications or exorbitant fees deny ordinary citizens their right to public carry."

The court won't decide "how high is too high" until and unless there's a case to rule on.

Still pending before the court are a school prayer case and a case about the EPA regulating greenhouse gases. Those are likely to piss off liberals too. Next term affirmative action in college admissions will be abolished

This SCOTUS isn’t the meek and disappointing SCOTUS with Kennedy and Ginsburg. SCOTUS has a true 6-3 conservative majority

I like to call it the Harry Reid court. Thanks for nuking the filibuster on court appointments!

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) warned Democrats Thursday that they’d regret using the “nuclear option.”

“You’ll regret this, and you may regret this a lot sooner than you think,” McConnell said on the Senate floor.

Reid, Obama, Schumer, warren, etc all made theses conservative wins possible.

"Because there is a legit 6 judge conservative majority and the rulings and future cases are not reliant upon the whims of Kennedy in a 5-4 court, the court will protect the ruling. We’ll know more with what the court does with the pending certs for 2 mag limit cases, an AWB and an open carry from Hawaii. Do they take one of those or send them back to lower courts with instructions."

Yup and the anti's know it and are terrified. Without strict gun control/confiscation they know they're doomed and are defenseless if/when the SHTF. MAGA Baby! [rockon]
I'm staying in today, with all my Trump stickers on the war wagon I'm sure some triggered anti-gun/pro-abortion dyke/feminist would lose their shit on me and force me to "educate" them/her on the Bill of Rights.[rofl]Since their Dear Leader's have stated that we don't have the right to carry a concealed weapon but they Constitutionally have the right to an abortion these leftists are very confused these days.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) warned Democrats Thursday that they’d regret using the “nuclear option.”

“You’ll regret this, and you may regret this a lot sooner than you think,” McConnell said on the Senate floor.

Reid, Obama, Schumer, warren, etc all made theses conservative wins possible.
You are correct. Like Barry said elections have consequences, the leftist rage should be directed at Comey and Corrupt Hillary for losing to Trump.

Can we give this man a big posthumous round of applause for changing the fillibuster rules, thus unleashing a cascading series of events that has culminated with one of the most glorious, pro-freedom SCOTUS rulings in recent memory?

Come on, give it up for Harry "Pinky" Reid ladies and gentleman:

View attachment 630078
Corrupted by Nurgle.

Still pending before the court are a school prayer case and a case about the EPA regulating greenhouse gases. Those are likely to piss off liberals too. Next term affirmative action in college admissions will be abolished

This SCOTUS isn’t the meek and disappointing SCOTUS with Kennedy and Ginsburg. SCOTUS has a true 6-3 conservative majority
The mob intimidation antics very well may have pushed Kavanaugh and Roberts to stop being squishes. I think they may have figured out that appearing to be influenced by the press and mobs was inviting harassment where if they put their foot down it is more likely the harassment stops.

Footnote 9 of the decision, citations omitted, highlights mine:
To be clear, nothing in our analysis should be interpreted to suggest the unconstitutionality of the 43 States’ “shall-issue” licensing regimes, under which “a general desire for self-defense is sufficient to obtain a [permit].” Because these licensing regimes do not require applicants to show an atypical need for armed self-defense, they do not necessarily prevent “law-abiding, responsible citizens” from exercising their Second Amendment right to public carry. Rather, it appears that these shall-issue regimes, which often require applicants to undergo a background check or pass a firearms safety course, are designed to ensure only that those bearing arms in the jurisdiction are, in fact, “law-abiding, responsible citizens". And they likewise appear to contain only “narrow, objective, and definite standards” guiding licensing officials, rather than requiring the “appraisal of facts, the exercise of judgment, and the formation of an opinion" -- features that typify proper-cause standards like New York’s. That said, because any permitting scheme can be put toward abusive ends, we do not rule out constitutional challenges to shall-issue regimes where, for example, lengthy wait times in processing license applications or exorbitant fees deny ordinary citizens their right to public carry.
Thomas must have been writing this for years, considering the number of conditions he considered. Now, getting the lower courts to actually apply the ruling may be a bigger issue.
My notes I wrote into my copy of the opinion is that this needed to be in the main body of the ruling because both time and cost are also part of the infringement scheme in the NY laws (same with the other 7 may issue states)

Interesting thought, that is a wildlife conservation law. While it only applies to hunters, as an anti poacher measure. If not hunting then it should not apply. Similar how cdl laws apply to cdl holders with driving a cmv. Only while engaged in that activity is thw person subject to the condition. This means by agreeing to the hunter ed, purchasing a hunting license you voluntarily agree to the rules and regulations on file.
Like the implied consent law when obtaining a license. By accepting a license you give consent to a field sobriety test and breath chemical test if requested by law enforcement. If the consent is refused the license is suspended. You agree to those terms legally. Your choice is to not apply for accept and obtain a license. Same as choice is to not accept a hunting license.
Obtain the document means agreeing to the rules and stipulations spelled out.
I was thinking the same question about hunting. I dont have to have a license to drive my ATV. What about carry while driving my ATV?

Charlie Faker was asked on the news today what the ramifications are of the Bruen case. His reply, " Nothing has changed or is going to change in the near future!"
Charlie can talk all he wants, until the lawsuits start to roll in, in the current future, and then his near future has arrived.

You do realize that Faker Baker took Bloomberg money on his last campaign right? He's no more a fan of gun rights than horsey face Maura.

I purposely stayed off all media until I could read the ruling in its entirety - My copy has 27 comments to myself and easily could have double that. Many places set the foundation for challenges to other restrictions, specifically the emphasis on military weapons being called out as historically part of the protected class of arms covered by the 2A. Does this clear a path to killing the NFA?

It is clear that Kavanaugh (and Roberts) killed a much broader opinion that would have been just short of constitutional carry and a gutting of many restrictions.
However, there is so much in this opinion to be grateful for we should be doubling down on our donations to 2A legal groups for the foreseeable future

The mob intimidation antics very well may have pushed Kavanaugh and Roberts to stop being squishes. I think they may have figured out that appearing to be influenced by the press and mobs was inviting harassment where if they put their foot down it is more likely the harassment stops.
No, they together limited this ruling to a much more narrow topic than the rest of the majority was looking to explore.
Kavanaugh makes this very clear in his concurrence, joined by Roberts, showing that if the ruling was going to be what it should have been, they would have jumped ship and caused a 5:4 loss in the case.
Alito gave a partial suck but his dressing down of the dissent was epic so I give him some relief on his statist suck factor

I was thinking the same question about hunting. I dont have to have a license to drive my ATV. What about carry while driving my ATV?

It would be an interesting thought, they made it so every atv has to be registered, even on own property.

90B 26A makes it a 1000 fine for a violation. From 10 20 2010 snowmobile or atv.

That used to be a 75.00 fine.
It really needs to be repealed completely.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220624-143958_Drive.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220624-143958_Drive.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 7
You do realize that Faker Baker took Bloomberg money on his last campaign right? He's no more a fan of gun rights than horsey face Maura.
I would say Baker was more neutral. Maura scored a lot of points calling Baker pro gun for some of his statements when she redefined what the MA AWB meant.

This is clearly a psychological operation that they have initiated here. Abortion is the sacrificial lamb. Globalists have control over the Supreme Court. That's why the SC would not even hear the election rigging argument proposed by Ted Cruz(?) I believe during January 6th. The SC wouldn't hear this because they knew it would uncover a massive illegal operation that would single handedly expose the Deep State and the elites. Everyone would have been brought to court and arrested, all the way up to Hillary Clinton. No, they have complete control over the Supreme Court. That would never be allowed to come to pass.

Let's see this for what it really is. The globalists are using abortion as their sacrificial lamb to install another "George Floyd" summer of left-wing "justified" violence. This will instill hatred towards the Supreme Court and the Republican Party. Hatred towards the Supreme Court will be used to pass anti-2A bills. Hatred towards the Republican Party will be used to rally troops for the midterms.

Hell, they might even get in a Supreme Court packing deal as an extra bonus with this little scheme. They stand to gain a lot. Then, in a year or two, they'll just overturn this ruling and reinstall abortion rights.

It's very obvious what is going on here. Don't think for a second that the Supreme Court is upholding good old Christian values. In fact, just the opposite.

This is clearly a psychological operation that they have initiated here. Abortion is the sacrificial lamb. Globalists have control over the Supreme Court. That's why the SC would not even hear the election rigging argument proposed by Ted Cruz(?) I believe during January 6th. The SC wouldn't hear this because they knew it would uncover a massive illegal operation that would single handedly expose the Deep State and the elites. Everyone would have been brought to court and arrested, all the way up to Hillary Clinton. No, they have complete control over the Supreme Court. That would never be allowed to come to pass.

Let's see this for what it really is. The globalists are using abortion as their sacrificial lamb to install another "George Floyd" summer of left-wing "justified" violence. This will instill hatred towards the Supreme Court and the Republican Party. Hatred towards the Supreme Court will be used to pass anti-2A bills. Hatred towards the Republican Party will be used to rally troops for the midterms.

Hell, they might even get in a Supreme Court packing deal as an extra bonus with this little scheme. They stand to gain a lot. Then, in a year or two, they'll just overturn this ruling and reinstall abortion rights.

It's very obvious what is going on here. Don't think for a second that the Supreme Court is upholding good old Christian values. In fact, just the opposite.

"They are trying to dissect what this could actually mean and determine if it is really the WIN that some people are getting all giddy over. "
You are really not serious are you? You really don't think this is a WIN???

Sorry but the pro gun lobby has taken a lot of hits lately, I doubt there are many people who feel this latest ruling is not a win, before having to dissect it.

Back
Top Bottom